Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

Grabt was just off his line and Zigic was on the edge if the box. I think they got it right, grant new he was offside and should have acted as if he wasn't there. The rules have been interpreted like this for long enough for players to have adapted to it by now. Piss poor play by our players, not poor decisions by the officials in my eyes.

agree wholeheartedly , Zigic stood stock still in an offside position , but was no way interfering with play .

i too was dead in line , and neither me , or the fans around me complained about the decision .

Just rank bad defending by us , cost us..

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps - but it's not a given that Bucko will follow Clough to Sheffield, is it?

i'm hoping Bucko has gotten over his first half protest performance v Ipswich , and will knuckle down

(as he is doing) to giving his heart and soul to DCFC..Top man !!

Our defence were very much at fault for the equaliser, and so was Grant. They all stopped playing expecting the offside to be given!! Zigic was walking away from the goal between the 6 yrd line and edge of the area.

First rule of football.. play to the whistle and we didn't!!!

Grant made no effort to come and collect the ball..Very poor from all concerned

i'm hoping Bucko has gotten over his first half protest performance v Ipswich , and will knuckle down

(as he is doing) to giving his heart and soul to DCFC..Top man !!

Probably the craziest comment I've read today.

Bucko....poor today from what I saw....sorry!!! Ward/Wisdom the only creative spark we had today,deserved a draw as we were clearly better then brum but played awfully.

Different note, bigger crowd, but silent, out voiced by 1800 or so blues...we gotta do something about that!!!

I've not seen the game yet but I'm left with exactly the same feeling I've had 8 or 9 times over the last 3 years. Every time we get a chance to send out a message of intent we feck it up.

Superb result away at Watford last weekend which would have made the whole division sit up and take note.

Then we get a top premier league youngster in on loan, so that should give us a boost as well.

What happens? How can the players stop these "flat" performances?

A win today would have really set us up as proper contenders. I'm not over complaining cos 7 out of 9 is a cracking return but today has left me feeling really deflated again, just like the Blackburn, Burnley and Reading games, when we need an efficient ruthless performance, we come up short again.

Bucko....poor today from what I saw....sorry!!! Ward/Wisdom the only creative spark we had today,deserved a draw as we were clearly better then brum but played awfully.

Different note, bigger crowd, but silent, out voiced by 1800 or so blues...we gotta do something about that!!!

Don't be sorry - get help.

You thought Buckos inch perfect passes were poor? How come? I thought he was anything but!

Bit dissapointed with the South stand 2nd half, they did go a bit quiet and then a lot of them left early. Good banter going on with the Birmingham fans though

Brum fans don't do banter.

I remember reading an article on them in their relegation season and the comments section was full of other fans saying good riddance to the club that banter skipped past.

South Stand struggles because there's so much ***** sung it's unreal. 

I used to go along with it just for the atmosphere but it's awful nowadays. There's half of the SS singing Derby songs then the other half singing about how big Chris Martin's dick is so it rarely catches on as a whole. There's alot of day trippers, children etc in the SS and they're never going to sing stuff like that. 

Grant - 6. Looked shaky still, could probably have done better with the goal but looked more confident coming out to punch set pieces away (which is a good thing I think).

Wisdom - 7. He was really, really good. Entirely at fault for the goal (didn't know where his man was) but faultless otherwise.

Keogh - 6. Defended well, nothing spectacular. Certainly not at fault for the goal like some of you are saying *cough* scapegoat *cough*.

Buxton - 6. same as Keogh. Didn't win quite as much in the air but did make some nice passes.

Forsyth - 6. Better from him today. Still a bit suspect positionally but won a lot in the air and made some decent tackles.

Eustace - 5. Not his usual self today. Didn't do too much.

Hughes - 5. Shocking by his standards. Passes and touches were going all over the place and again seemed reluctant to shoot.

Bryson - 6. Should have scored and made some good runs. Not enough penetration though.

Dawkins - 6. Potential is there. Really poor for the first 15 minutes but looked dangerous afterwards.

Ward - 7. Looked dangerous once again. Scored and should have had a second.

Martin - 5. Off day. Nothing came off for him but, on the rare occasion it did, he had no support. I think he misses Russell.

Sammon - 3. How many chances does a striker want to win the game? Won nothing and his control was laughable. Atrocious.

Bennett - 5. Did OK. Showed some flashes of promise but his touch was surprisingly poor. Still very young though.

Jacobs - 6. I liked him when he came on. Took on a few players and looked threatening. Sh1te free-kick that could have won it though.

Archived