Mostyn6

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roger davies miss vs someone in the late 70s

that night was the first time id tried to kill myself

Chelsea?

Waltzed around Bonetti, fell over.

Think it was Newport? Drove to Wales winning. ..then abandoned due to flecking rain. :(

New year's bloody day wasn't it? Stayed sober for that.

The lap of honour then the inevitable pitch invasion, the players and Dave Mackay up in the main stand with the trophy and thousands and thousands of us on the pitch........fook me Grimbeard, how can you put that day in this thread? :D

That's why I said in terms of what happenend on the pitch. The day it's self is seared into my brain. I even got served in a pub for the first time that evening, despite being 14 and looking about 12.

Losing 0-1 to Plymouth in the FA Cup quarter final replay in 1984, and losing the Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup quarter final replay, play off semis v Blackburn and Preston, play off final v Leicester, losing 0-5 at home to Leeds, 3-0 away at Forest John Gregory manager (not for long!).

Lots of really depressing games there but I think the play off final defeat to Leicester may be the worst.

Trivia question for you owd uns..

who said ''if this lot win the league , i'll eat this match report on toast ?''..

we did , and he did .. :lol:

Got a feeling it was Desmond Hackett in the Express, but I'm probably wrong.

Got a feeling it was Desmond Hackett in the Express, but I'm probably wrong.

tbh eddie , i remember the quote , and i remember the rice paper he ate the quote from

but can't , for the life of me remember who he was ..

might even have only been in DET..

Gerald Mortimer ?

Edit : Jon Sadler , from the Sun ?

Being at Bellend Rd watching Leeds beat us 4-3 in 1997.  I was in the home end with a mate who is die hard Leeds.  Still don't know how you go from 3-0 up to losing.  Bowyer scored the winner.  Painful.  Realised what knobs Leeds fans are.

We have a winner folks !!

geez that was bad !! , etched on me brain forever..

I went to every game during out last premiership stint, anyone want to pick a game out for me? :p

Blackburn away (although we had a brilliant day as we normally do for the last away trip of the season). For 30 minutes we played them off the park, then like prats we went and scored. It was like prodding them with a pointed stick.

Blackburn away (although we had a brilliant day as we normally do for the last away trip of the season). For 30 minutes we played them off the park, then like prats we went and scored. It was like prodding them with a pointed stick.

One of my favourite away days. Just a shame about the football match :lol: was in the pub on the hill just up the road from the ground, chanting at all passers by. The inflatables before the match and the female head of security(?) that was having a b!tch fit at them going on the pitch and got really mad when Freidel kept passing them back during the warm up, to the fatal mistake of a tannoy announcement to keep the inflatables off the pitch, that was like holding a red rag to a bull, her face when they all went on the pitch was hilarious and even funnier when Freidel tried getting as many back to us as possible. Oh, yeah, then the football match :(

Archived