Adnan Januzaj

DCFC_17

Wonder what happened to their last big star Macheda... oh - its one game.

it wasnt one game, throughout pre season he has impressed and whenever he has got a chance from the bench prior to that game he has impressed. He is keeping kagawa out of the team and is wanted by man city

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Utd game yesterday.. I'd reserve judgement first..

2 fantastic finishes but his overall play wasn't good.. He lost the ball on many occasions, dived needlessly in the area and seem to have this mentality of ignoring his team-mates andonly going for goal himself..

No different to Macheda's debut.. Who also scored a fantastic goal. Nani was far the better winger yesterday out of the two, he just didn't put away his chance like Januzaj did.

januzaj is an attacking midfielder not a winger, thats like comparing iniesta to robben. 

it wasnt one game, throughout pre season he has impressed and whenever he has got a chance from the bench prior to that game he has impressed. He is keeping kagawa out of the team and is wanted by man city

I'll see how he does against more difficult teams, I'm not going to call him the next Wayne Rooney via good performance against the worst team in the league. Its also a bit soon to try and get him to change to England from Belgium, he's only been here 2.5 years. We've got to stop comparing young players who go through a good spell to legends of the game because its absolutely embarrassing at times.

I'll see how he does against more difficult teams, I'm not going to call him the next Wayne Rooney via good performance against the worst team in the league. Its also a bit soon to try and get him to change to England from Belgium, he's only been here 2.5 years. We've got to stop comparing young players who go through a good spell to legends of the game because its absolutely embarrassing at times.

who is januzaj being compared to? 

the only player that hes being compared to on this thread is macheda and he aint a legend of football

januzaj is an attacking midfielder not a winger, thats like comparing iniesta to robben. 

He played LW yesterday..

Carrick and Cleverly through the middle, Rooney dropping in the hole and Nani and Januzaj out wide..

His link up play with Evra was poor.. And when Nani hugged the touchline and Evra moved up outside then it allowed Januzaj to move inside.. But he didn't do anything other than have about 5 shots blocked and scored 2 good goals.. His first goal you'd expect any decent player to score but his technique for the 2nd was impressive.

But let's not get carried away.. He comes across as nothing more than an impact player and he was largely helped by playing against a very poor Sunderland side that allowed him all the time in the world. I'd rather have a controlling player like Kagawa over him anyday of the week but then again I value these types of players more..

That's why I've always said that Ribbery is far better than Bale

who is januzaj being compared to? 

the only player that hes being compared to on this thread is macheda and he aint a legend of football

I wasn't comparing him, I was using him as an example of players who've fallen on their backside after being called the 'next big star' and here are a few comparisons I've seen so far..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397848/Manchester-Uniteds-Adnan-Januzaj-potential-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/09/15/manchester-united-fans-compare-januzaj-debut-to-george-bests-50/

He played LW yesterday..

Carrick and Cleverly through the middle, Rooney dropping in the hole and Nani and Januzaj out wide..

His link up play with Evra was poor.. And when Nani hugged the touchline and Evra moved up outside then it allowed Januzaj to move inside.. But he didn't do anything other than have about 5 shots blocked and scored 2 good goals.. His first goal you'd expect any decent player to score but his technique for the 2nd was impressive.

But let's not get carried away.. He comes across as nothing more than an impact player and he was largely helped by playing against a very poor Sunderland side that allowed him all the time in the world. I'd rather have a controlling player like Kagawa over him anyday of the week but then again I value these types of players more..

That's why I've always said that Ribbery is far better than Bale

Johnny russell played RW yesterday, but hes a striker

and januzaj is only 18, hes got potential to go far

I have mates who have moved over here when they were younger and some even very recently. All of them struggle to say what their country is. Surely your nationality is what you make of it in that situation?

If the lad is miserable enough to want to play for England, let him if he's eligible.

I have mates who have moved over here when they were younger and some even very recently. All of them struggle to say what their country is. Surely your nationality is what you make of it in that situation?

If the lad is miserable enough to want to play for England, let him if he's eligible.

I don't have any issue with it personally, you can't expect refugees who fled from war torn countries at age 3 to play for their country of birth why the grew up in the UK.

Doubt he'd want to play for England anyway as he grew up in Belgium and the look to have the more exciting team.

I don't have any issue with it personally, you can't expect refugees who fled from war torn countries at age 3 to play for their country of birth why the grew up in the UK.

Doubt he'd want to play for England anyway as he grew up in Belgium and the look to have the more exciting team.

if he was half half i'm sure hed want to play for england. Thats like saying would you rather play for liverpool or swansea, liverpool a team with a great history and swansea a more exciting team - i'd rather play for liverool and hence england

England also have people that go round stabbing and shooting people doesn't mean we should all do it.

The "England" cricket team is laughable, 3 lions on the shirt when they come from round the world, may as well just be another club.

I support England because I'm English, I'd rather see us win nothing than have a team of foreigners that have been in England for a couple of years after puberty.

Zaha, moved here at 4 and look how cringeworthy it was trying to persuade him to play for us, that was more embarrassing than the minutes applause for Clough. This Januzaj guy spent the first 16 years of his life in Belgium, 16 years! his loyalty should be to Belgium, it's not like it's a war torn country or anything and it's not like the national team are another San Marino.

Leave him alone FA or I'll be booing you

Let Januzaj play for belgium! 

if he had any sense he would, they have some unbelievable talents coming through.

Just seen something about a lad called Zakaria Bakkali another Belgium talent, who scored a league hat-trick from midfield on his second ever appearance - if he was English he'd be worth 1000 hundered million gazilion now. 

I've heard good things about Januzaj, but I've also heard a lot of good things about a lot of United prospects in the past. Hardly ANY of them make it in all honesty. 

Chris Eagles was tipped to be the next David Beckham at one point - that's how ridiculous it gets. 

Archived