Could Sunderland do it again?

davenportram

They'll beat it comfortably

But given the money, it will happen.. A side will go up completely unprepared and have a mare in the transfer market and just won't be able to compete..

I think Yeovil will go close to breaking the NPC record this season. Rotherham when they went down years ago were bloody awful and Yeovil seem as bad as them.. Although there is not alot they can do, they basically have the budget and players of a bottom of the table L1 side let alone the NPC.. They go to the big stadiums and are simply overwhelmed

I might put a silly fiver on them to beat the Florists next week.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This repeated self-flagellation doesn't do us any good.

The only connection between the club now and the club then is the fans. The more we go on about it, the bigger it becomes with those who have the responsibility of taking us forward.

Leave it and don't invest any hope in Sunderland.

They looked every bit as poor as we did yesterday, the telling fixtures are those against Cardiff, Fulham, Palace. If they can't pick up points in them then they are in trouble.

They looked every bit as poor as we did yesterday, the telling fixtures are those against Cardiff, Fulham, Palace. If they can't pick up points in them then they are in trouble.

I think there's a huge difference between now and when we were in the Premiership, we were the worst team by a country mile, now there are a selection fighting for that accolade - I fancy Palace beating Fulham at home tomorrow night as Fulham are pretty woeful at the moment

Even if they get 10 points you'll still be the worst team in history in most folks eyes :lol:  Those goals against and games won records will take some beating!

Why would we be the worst team if they only got 10 points?

They will take some beating yes.. Sunderland are still in the record books for being the only team not to win a home game all season

Even if they get 10 points you'll still be the worst team in history in most folks eyes :lol:  Those goals against and games won records will take some beating!

Now that's just silly. If they get less points than us over the course of the season, they're the worst team in Premiership history, end of.

It would only be idiotic Forest fans clutching at straws that use the "goals against" to judge something like this.

Now that's just silly. If they get less points than us over the course of the season, they're the worst team in Premiership history, end of.

It would only be idiotic Forest fans clutching at straws that use the "goals against" to judge something like this.

Im just telling you how it is, we would still sing 'WORST TEAM IN HISTORY' whatever happens :lol:

Don't see that being the case. Reckon Sunderland will pick up just enough to beat the record by the end of the season. Relegated though definitely.

We started badly and then fell away.

Got to six points quite quickly (after 9 or 10 games?) I think then hit a really bad patch and never really recovered. Think we got to 7 points by Christmas. After that it just got even worse.

Think the problem was we were the only bad team in the League, Reading and Birmingham were relegated with quite good teams, in another year theyd have stayed up.

We would have been relegated in any year we were truly sh1te.

Even if they get 10 points you'll still be the worst team in history in most folks eyes :lol: Those goals against and games won records will take some beating!

But we haven't got the goals against record for the premiership, that's Swindon's when they conceded 100 goals on a season.

Especially when the worst goals against in the premiership isn't even us.

After 8 games we had 4 more points than Sunderland by this time. So we're not the worst team in history during August-October at least. :)

"i6BcpdK" alt="i6BcpdK">

Just shows IMO why BD shouldn't have been sacked. He deserved a season for what he achieved. And would have got more than 11 points.

Yes in some peoples eyes we will be.

In all peoples eyes you will be the only team to win the European Cup and play in the third flight of your national league, thats another record that will take some beating.

I wouldn't change anything about that season it was great to be able to go to the likes of the Emirates knowing that we would be able to celebrate if we just scored a goal. Also we had the play off final at the new Wembley where we went as underdogs and won in order to get there initially. It was quite disappointing at home but the atmosphere away was brilliant. We can not change history but some of us did embrace the experience.

Yes in some peoples eyes we will be.

In all peoples eyes you will be the only team to win the European Cup and play in the third flight of your national league, thats another record that will take some beating.

No. They will just remember us as European Cup winners :D

Archived