NOW will they give Steve McClaren the money

kenzzo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backed themselves into a corner to a certain degree by claiming that Nigel had money available but wouldn't spend it.

What money? Money for a loan player is one thing. £3m to get us up there with an enhanced wage budget? Half of what Forest and Leicester have?

What money? Money for a loan player is one thing. £3m to get us up there with an enhanced wage budget? Half of what Forest and Leicester have?

no point appointing mac without money

I hope this weeks actions show they have realised that things were going nowhere and a change of direction was needed if they were ever to see a return on the investment

This is where the Board are screwed either way. Clough was trusted for over 4 years and if he had money to spend but didn't, there was a reason for it.....most likely him treating their money as his. So, Clough at worst had respect for someone else's money yet was still moving the Club forward, albeit slowly. The Board now have no option but to spend as Rush hasn't brought in a Management Team that will work for lower wages (Maclaren and Steele could both earn good money elsewhere as they have higher profiles than Nigel). So why didn't they give NC either more time or insist he speculate more......we already know that he would have preferred to keep Brayford for example.

I actually think Rush has picked a good team to replace Clough but right now it's all fanfare. I still maintain Rush has done to Clough and therefore DCFC something that MUFC could easily have done to SAF but were strong enough not to......he needed more time with his own team.

Time will, of course, tell but if I were Forest, I would be wanting Clough more than Davies. And if he goes there, I for one will be hoping he succeeds.

Football needs more integrity.

will the board give McClaren the money and support ???????

No they've spent it all on paying off Cloughie and co and hiring McLaren and co. Isn't that the ultimate irony, if they had spent what they have spent on firing and hiring the last few days on a few more decent players in the summer, then we would likely not be in this position today and with the owners with more money still in their pockets!

No they've spent it all on paying off Cloughie and co and hiring McLaren and co. Isn't that the ultimate irony, if they had spent what they have spent on firing and hiring the last few days on a few more decent players in the summer, then we would likely not be in this position today and with the owners with more money still in their pockets!

The 'we would likely not be in this position today' bit does not necessarily hold true. Many teams have thrown money at a problem in order to fix it, only to find that the problem got worse or manifested itself somewhere else. There is no guarantee that spending a wad in August would have seen any different sort of outcome.

The way I see it panning out is that they will cash in on Hughes & possibly ward/Hendrick & then give say 75% of the money to the new guys for a major over haul of the squad....This may happen in January but I feel it is more than likely going to happen after the early bird season ticket renewal has taken place...

They will indicate bigger signings than before, but wont mention that this will be funded by selling of our key assets...This may of been one of the reasons Nigel was gotten rid off, get the feeling that he wanted to keep his young guns at the club for as long as possible. even if it meant reducing his buying capability..

They have to.

We are backed into a corner now. In this move, they have pretty much announced to the world that mid table, which is the minimum we could have expected with Nigel Clough, is not good enough. We now expect top 6 and they have shown that they do too.

It's worth remembering that McClaren RESIGNED from Notts Forest, because they would not fork out the money for players he wanted. That's a good sign in that I doubt he would come unless he thought the would be financially backed.

The way I see it panning out is that they will cash in on Hughes & possibly ward/Hendrick & then give say 75% of the money to the new guys for a major over haul of the squad....This may happen in January but I feel it is more than likely going to happen after the early bird season ticket renewal has taken place...

They will indicate bigger signings than before, but wont mention that this will be funded by selling of our key assets...This may of been one of the reasons Nigel was gotten rid off, get the feeling that he wanted to keep his young guns at the club for as long as possible. even if it meant reducing his buying capability..

More like 25%. 

Yes but as we all know this will not occur until January, when we were likely to sell certain players anyway. This is the perfect veil for the owners and board. PL clubs tend to announce how much they sell and buy players for straight away. I imagine the club would knock off a couple hundred thousand in agreement for neither club to announce the transfer fee or actual fee. Then the club can look real good when they announce they have £2m to sign new players. 

Archived