Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing his signings at Forest brought up and then shot down with the director or football argument.

For me you can't just dismiss his signings that easily.

We're looking at 2 men that will be new to the club, both will want to succeed so you would hope they would be working together closely.

Will the new director just go out and sign players without talking to McClaren or will McClaren be asked for his opinions?

McClaren saw Greening, Boatang, Miller, Derbyshire as being the players to take Forest up! his opinion should be cause for concern.

If the director goes ahead with his own plans and McClaren doesn't agree and can't work with the hand he's dealt with we could be in trouble further down the line.

Interesting times ahead that's for sure.

I keep seeing his signings at Forest brought up and then shot down with the director or football argument.

For me you can't just dismiss his signings that easily.

We're looking at 2 men that will be new to the club, both will want to succeed so you would hope they would be working together closely.

Will the new director just go out and sign players without talking to McClaren or will McClaren be asked for his opinions?

McClaren saw Greening, Boatang, Miller, Derbyshire as being the players to take Forest up! his opinion should be cause for concern.

If the director goes ahead with his own plans and McClaren doesn't agree and can't work with the hand he's dealt with we could be in trouble further down the line.

Interesting times ahead that's for sure.

We're also having his supposed Dutch and German connections touted as good points.  So are we assuming that he will use these connections to suggest signings to the guy bought in over his head to sign players for him, and then he not be allowed to sign them because we don't trust his ability to sign players?

Dont like the idea of a director of football and a coach too unless they are absolutely on the same wavelength, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, an accident waiting to happen.

Not sure very many people would take the job as "coach" in these circumstances if they are a strong minded individual, think there is a lot of potential for fallouts and big rows if things don't go to plan.

Pulis is understood to be unlikely to get the job according to the Telegraph and in the role lined up, it looks like McClaren would have the coaching credentials but who would exactly be deciding what and giving the team talks etc?

Pretty obvious the Americans had wanted this set up for some time but Clough poo poo-ed it if I remember right when it was aired a year or two back.

Archived