Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the game, played okay - nothing more, nothing less.

Came up against a very structured and rigid Forest side, with little ability but an absolute mountain in Jack Hobbs - who was outstanding.

Grant, Buxton and Bryson all played very well.

Hughes and Keogh very poorly.

I wasn't dismayed in anyway, obviously losing to Forest hurts more than any knife ever could - but I was okay, then the sacking of Clough came and now, not so 'okay'

we did ok, a decent away performance against a club that will probably finish above us in the league. sacking clough is inexcusable, especially when managers that he has made look stupid already this season are still in the job.

we did ok, a decent away performance against a club that will probably finish above us in the league. sacking clough is inexcusable, especially when managers that he has made look stupid already this season are still in the job.

Get real!! Clough was a failure. He progressed nothing.

only time will tell, i think he has been an excellent servant to the club. 

if we get somebody in that continues the great work he has done then i will agree with you.

I'm sorry Jacko. It grates me to see the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff, Swansea, Palace et al overtaking us. I was a season ticket holder under the real Clough and saw our potential realised.

Can't express how much I hate Billy Davies - honestly, it's quite unusual for me to dislike someone as much as I dislike him. My problem I know. Can't bear to see him on my telly...

I feel the same Mrs. There's just something about him which I can't stand..and something else that makes my skin crawl.

In the midst of yesterday's drama Keogh's behaviour will probably slip under the radar.

His head has completely gone. Wandering round yesterday with no real purpose, making rash challenges, complaining about every single foul, throwing the armband down when sent off.

Really disappointed in him. We need to review the captaincy, urgently.

rubbish game yesterday

thought we were going to get beat when i saw we were starting with danny collins and had no wilson or chalobah.

i thought we played very well for the first 15 minutes, nice slick passing football. Then Moussi went off injured and dan harding came on..... how is he a pro footballer i do not know! he was in all honesty, ****.

thats when you got your foothold on the game but never really dominated and the match turned into a typical(well in recent years) Forest v Derby scrappy hoof ball, dirty game.

Was impressed with your keeper and that bryson in the midfield. looks a very neat football player.  Not so impressed with Keogh or Martin, they  never stopped moaning at the ref all game. How keogh could complain and act the way he did about the foul which led to the penalty i do not know.

we could of come out 3-0 winners but that wouldnt of changed the fact it was a rubbish match that neither team stood out in. Still feels nice obviously to have finally come back out on top in this fixture even if we were no where near our best, and the fact we were reliant on Jack Hobbs.

looking forward to beating you again at your place ;)

Thought we deserved a point against what was a very physical forest side. Thought the sending off a tad harsh, not saying it wasn't a foul but if you can't even attempt to make a tackle?

Disappointed in Russells performance and a few others but there seemed virtually no difference in the quality of the 2 teams and bizarely they're second in the league.

I agree, there wasn't a huge amount of difference in terms of overall play, but the big difference came in how we created chances. If it weren't for Grant we'd have won 3 or 4-0 whereas you barely had a chance to speak of. You were better than I thought you'd be though, you constantly look dangerous but as I say, you just don't get quality shots away. 

Very surprised Clough was sacked. It would have made sense in the summer, just seems knee-jerk at this point.

only time will tell, i think he has been an excellent servant to the club. 

if we get somebody in that continues the great work he has done then i will agree with you.

From the outside, it's hard to see what progress he has made. Sure, you're a younger side but you aren't dramatically better than you were when he took over and you're still hemorrhaging money. He got you up for games against us (often something that can swing a fanbase in your favour) but at the end of the season i'm just not sure what he really did. 

In the midst of yesterday's drama Keogh's behaviour will probably slip under the radar.

His head has completely gone. Wandering round yesterday with no real purpose, making rash challenges, complaining about every single foul, throwing the armband down when sent off.

Really disappointed in him. We need to review the captaincy, urgently.

He might not be vocal but everything Bryson does should make him the captain , he was kilnarnocks youngest captain and his attitude means every player looks up to him

He might not be vocal but everything Bryson does should make him the captain , he was kilnarnocks youngest captain and his attitude means every player looks up to him

If Bryson had the same boots on he wore at Millwall he'd have smashed two goals against the gumps. The early effort was an inch wide and the square ball from Hughes' freekick he just didn't connect right. Both were easier chances than his hattrick at Millwall!

If Bryson had the same boots on he wore at Millwall he'd have smashed two goals against the gumps. The early effort was an inch wide and the square ball from Hughes' freekick he just didn't connect right. Both were easier chances than his hattrick at Millwall!

Yeah fair one, you were definitely deserving of the win due to those

Archived