Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm to bother going on Tuesday or not to bother is the question or stay nice and warm at home and play GTA V online ;)

At least you can see some ahem "scoring" on GTA ;)

I don't think today's result will make anyone who wanted him to stay to suddenly change and think he should now go. If a new manager is to be found though I think it should be done before Xmas so that the new man had time to work with the squad and identify his areas that needed improving.

All hypothetical but I don't see the end of the season as being the only time a manager should change

hopefully why pulis was there today ;)

we can all dream :)

If we lose to Ipswich and Leeds even Clough must be vulnerable. I honestly think the next two matches are crucial in terms of where we are heading under Nige - failure to win at least one of these should be enough for real questions to be asked at board level.

Same thing was said last season and the season before that.

Then its lets see close season if we buy, and then wait 10 games for a good look at where we stand, the excuses are never ending.

I can only speak for myself, but my 'rule' for supporting Clough is simple. I set him a goal in my mind - if he achieves it I'll give him my support for another season.

Last year it was a top ten finish. He achieved it (just), so I'm happy for him to keep plugging away another year. This years goal is 'around or in' play-offs. Minimum 8th.

If he fails then - to my mind - we've started going backwards. He's had a long time to get things right, and doesn't seem to learn from his failings - so I have a feeling come season close I'll be joining the Clough out brigade. Until then he deserves the benefit of the doubt - at least from me.

I realise it's a weird way of defining how I support a manager but it works for me. Also keeps my expectations relatively grounded.

between 7th and 8th there are 5 points so a gap is already starting to form with the early runners we are currently stuck with teams like leeds who are in-between those teams and the **** like Barnsley at the bottom having said that we win our next two which will see us keeping a steady pace with the teams above.

Again on the forest game if they think they are right up there then surely we must be because they didnt constantly carve us open they got a 50/50 pen which was there only clear opportunity of putting the game out of our reach.If forsyth had done better would it of been the 0-0 i predicted imo i think it would of been.There fans last year seem to love calling sammon a donkey and he dosent score goals.what the **** Mackie and Cox then? Mackie like sammon is a hard worker but not the best techinally.I still believe they are no different to us but they have more options of similar ability to call upon.They dont have a 20 goal man and they dont have an out and out winger either.Plus they are playing a midfielder at left back.

Long post but i think nigel should put freeman at left back and smith at right back and rest forsyth.

What did they say about Pulis mate?

That he gets results by hiring henchmen up front to give teams a bruising. 'Monsters' is what the commentator used to describe his players.

What did they say about Pulis mate?

Someone phoned in saying Clough should be sacked and Pulis should be brought in and they basically agreed and were acting as if Clough didn't exist. Normally they are sticking up for Clough but not today. Just thought it was a bit disrespectful (even though I'm tired of Clough now).

Pulis? No way he pays overtop for players 10 million for crouch near the end of his career.Stoke players have come out and said they felt "Disheartened by the football he told them to play" and he is constantly bashing officials about being consistent and diving even though his team basically hug the opposition.

Fookin garbage today. I've seen some quotes saying we deserved a draw, it was a pretty even game etc. It wasn't.

If people are going to accept performances like that then we are doomed.

It infuriated me when he brought Jacobs on in injury time, how can he make an impact with 4 minutes left??

I've not heard his post match interview but I bet he says we played well.

Russell is a huge disappointment, Eustace was cack, Hughes had a mare, and the centre halves were fookin donkeys. Well done grant though.

Someone phoned in saying Clough should be sacked and Pulis should be brought in and they basically agreed and were acting as if Clough didn't exist. Normally they are sticking up for Clough but not today. Just thought it was a bit disrespectful (even though I'm tired of Clough now).

Maybe they read my comment on Pulis last night. I very much doubt he would be prepared to work under our boards constraints, I mean Nigel has never had his hands completely free, has he? Saying that, Pubeless does like his loans... and foreign players, and grafters and i'm gonna stop because I feel vomitous.

Strange though? I mean, have RD had enough or been told to put the pressure on? Glad I didn't hear it though, I'm getting very tired but still fully behind (haha) Clough for the time being... the next handful of games are bloody crucial for us though.

[quote name="Ramshankered" post="488887" timestamp="1380380900"

Now if you want to talk football - I doubt anyone is happy with the status quo. I'm certainly not. The defence is clearly in need of TLC right now. If we don't finish this season in or around the play offs Then I agree it will be time for Clough to go. Until then though - and despite the underachieving - I'll continue to back him. It's a long season and there's still time to turn things around.

Archived