Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Boycie

Tbh it wasn't a terrible performance, we just weren't clinical enough in and around the area. Ward is so frustrating and we miss a wide player on the right. Smith isn't good enough to play right back and be expected to be the attacking threat down the right. Hopefully we'll see a winger come in on loan this week and another cb, need the extra numbers!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirty Forest. BBC reports 26 Fouls by them. When I remember that number being mentioned with 20 minutes to go. The total was at least 35. I was pleased with our performance. A few better final passes, touches and shots and we would have won that. What on earth was Forsyth doing for their goal? Another weak/poor goal conceded. 

Thought we deserved a point against what was a very physical forest side. Thought the sending off a tad harsh, not saying it wasn't a foul but if you can't even attempt to make a tackle?

Disappointed in Russells performance and a few others but there seemed virtually no difference in the quality of the 2 teams and bizarely they're second in the league.

Thought we deserved a point against what was a very physical forest side. Thought the sending off a tad harsh, not saying it wasn't a foul but if you can't even attempt to make a tackle?

Disappointed in Russells performance and a few others but there seemed virtually no difference in the quality of the 2 teams and bizarely they're second in the league.

We all know how brilliant Davies is at having an average team and squeezing out one nils. He did with us so many times in the promotion season. Not sure we deserved a point really, we barely threatened their goal and Darlow didn't have a save of note to make all game.

sending off was right. Didn't get the ball and brought the man down.

Tbh it wasn't a terrible performance, we just weren't clinical enough in and around the area. Ward is so frustrating and we miss a wide player on the right. Smith isn't good enough to play right back and be expected to be the attacking threat down the right. Hopefully we'll see a winger come in on loan this week and another cb, need the extra numbers!

We were crying out for a winger in that second half, we were so narrow at times, had good possession in the middle a few times and had no outlet out right, the joke was that Clough brings on Jacobs in the 91st minute! Too negative, as soon as Sammon came on, buxton resorted to aimless long balls for half an hour. Very poor, Forest wern't even that good, the game was for the taking, and Clough showed inept tactical decision making once again. He's too negative, won't take risks, and we ain't going anywhere with him, unfortunately it's time to go, as much as I want him to succeed, he's had 5 years, and the results are still the same. It's time for something new.

i thought we played well today, i wouldn't say we were unlucky as the defense was shocking.

Keogh and Forsyth need to be replaced ASAP. We also need another option in midfield as when it isn't working for Ward. Russell needs to be dropped for Sammon. 

Clough out? only if he keeps saying the defense is good enough because it quite clearly wasn't before the start of the season and it has now been proven.

Thought there was little between the sides, aside shocking defending for the goal. Any good work they were doing gets completely unravelled, was embarrassing. Keogh as free man is no where near the ball, Forsyth loses him and doesn't seem bothered about getting anywhere near him. Grant jumps seemingly out of the way, thought he could have done better (though made some great saves later on). Kinda sums us up at the moment, so slow to react and anticipate anything that is happening around us. Just a poor poor goal to give away.

Thought we were very slow in general, again anticipation of passes, too many touches on the ball whilst on the break (allowing forest to get back to us). We seem to playing at Hughes' pace rather than him playing at the teams pace. Also can we take ward off free kicks? Not enough quality from him in general to be honest. The one good ball into the box, created a goal which is enough said!

Keogh needs to refocus, shocking tackle in the box for the penalty. Lost his way.

Can we have sammon start please, at least he has some tempo to him and tries to force the issue. No problem with Martin, but Russell needs a rest. Half a yard off the pace, not close enough to Martin to pick up the second ball/headers. I would say he is going through the motions (along with ward and a few others) and needs some time to think about it.

In a bit more positive thought, if Forest are anywhere near '2nd', then we are not far off at all but they need to address problems and they are not wholesale changes.

If we was playing till Monday I doubt we would have scored.

Why did we have to go down to 10 men to up the tempo in the second half, did they forget we was 1-0 down?

Lee Grant can have a rating 7.5, the rest can piss off, turning up like its a kick around in pre season.

LB, CB and anyone that can read the scoreboard and recognise the fact we're losing and make things happen is needed.

Bottom lip out.

i thought we played well today, i wouldn't say we were unlucky as the defense was shocking.

Keogh and Forsyth need to be replaced ASAP. We also need another option in midfield as when it isn't working for Ward. Russell needs to be dropped for Sammon. 

Clough out? only if he keeps saying the defense is good enough because it quite clearly wasn't before the start of the season and it has now been proven.

Well considering our entire registered squad was part of today's match day squad we are well short on numbers. Especially considering Keogh is to miss the next match. We have 17 players available for the game on Tuesday. 

Forest set themselves up like away teams this season; letting derby have possession in areas that wouldnt hurt them.

How anyone can call it a good performance when we didn't get a meaningful effort of goal is beyond me.

Let's not forget the free header; the penalty miss and the saves grant made would have made it more convincing

I got all excited when we went to 10 men I thought wed do it again but I gave up watching after a 90th minute sub comes on I mean seriously what's 1 man going to do in 5 minutes the whole team couldn't do in 90?

That summed up how baffling some of Clough's decision are for me, it was laughable, Ward should have been dragged off after an hour, he was poor all game.

The main thing that stood out today is that we only have 1 game-plan. I think Clough is being naïve if he thinks we can beat every team by playing our 'nice' football. When we come up against organised, defensive teams we need to be able to grind out results and we can't do that because there is no Plan B. A lot of the time today we ended up 'hoofing' the ball up the field because our players had no time on the ball. We need to be able to adapt our game if we are going to achieve anything this season!

Archived