Buxton ADMITS we need a new CB!

Scott129

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake Buxton gives a free kick away against Reading in a dangerous area by diving in after a Forsyth error. Stay on your feet Jake. Ball swings in from free kick . Smith too weak at far post and Russian puts ball through Jakes legs into the net . MUST OF BEEN KEOGHS fault my bad. Lol. PS First goal is vital in these sort go games. Buxton against Burnley there CF went straight through him for Burnleys first goal. Better CB than Jake my god there isn't any.

How can i see you do a live performance of this?

Listened to Clough post match interview today and he makes a point about high conversion rate of away team chances at Pride Park.

In both the Burnley and Reading matches the opposition had 5 shots on target and scored 3 goals (60% conversion rate)

Is this actually indicative of anything and anyone got any ideas of how this compares to league average? Was unsure if there would be this sort of stat on any sites.

We couldn't ask for a more honest and decent bloke than Jake and he deserves a lot of credit for his attitude, but the reality is that he is only just adequate at this level, same as Keogh, and if this club is going to move forward we need a bit more quality in the heart of the defence. If we were a L1 or L2 team Jake would be a giant among men with his skillset and attitude but to me at Championship level he should only be a squad player.

Sage I want the Rams to do well. I'm not always fair and I like Bucko he's a really nice guy as I like Keogh but something needs to alter in our defense which means maybe a change of player of system or they need to improve. Maybe I'm getting impatient and I should just sit back but to be fair players like Naylor and Freeman have been bombed out . Tell me the answer m8 because I'm at a loss !

Everyone wants The Rams to do well.

I think people find it hard to understand why Buxton is still taking the brunt of the fans criticism when he has been the better of our two centre backs this season.

But I would argue against that because Bucko flatters to deceive IMO I would even argue he was at fault for Boltons 1st goal against us. Just committed himself and was completely bypassed. In other words he dived in.

It's a game of opinions. I just think Keogh loses too much in the air for his size, offers little in terms of forward distribution, has been positionally poor at times, dives in recklessly too much, has offered very little attacking threat from set pieces and has poor discipline. On the plus side he did well in the DNA advert and has a very nice haircut.

Sage I want the Rams to do well. I'm not always fair and I like Bucko he's a really nice guy as I like Keogh but something needs to alter in our defense which means maybe a change of player of system or they need to improve. Maybe I'm getting impatient and I should just sit back but to be fair players like Naylor and Freeman have been bombed out . Tell me the answer m8 because I'm at a loss ! PS I know you stopped talking to me in a conversation on here over Naylor because you really didn't rate him but why did Cloughie sign him.

I think we are weaker at full back than centre back in terms of quality, however a CB we lack quantity and only to some extent quality.

Our biggest problem is we are a passing team, with small skilful players, therefore we often concede goals when a player gets mismatched a free kick or corner ie Hendrick v King against Leicester or Eustace v Pearce against Reading or Freeman v Ulloa against Brighton (open play I know) and we got mismatched generally in the air v Blackburn. The opposition will look for their 3rd or th or 5th best header of a ball as Keogh an Bucko win most headers.

Russell made an error on Saturday, Freeman v Burnley.

I think we have just played bigger teams with better delivery at home than away.

The answer? Try and outscore the opposition? Get bigger full backs? Get a bigger better DCM than Eustace? Keep the ball even better so the opposition barely get it? 

I think at home we should look at 4141, 451, 352 or 4231, anything to give us width without losing the midfield battle, oh and cross the ball better from open play, corners and free kicks. That really let us down on Saturday with Ward and Smith the biggest culprits.

On one occasion in the first half against Reading a shot came in and it looked a certain goal but Keogh put his body on the line and did a fantastic last ditch block which he often has to do. On this occasion he stopped a certain goal but that isn't noticed as he does it quite often. What is noticed is a goal against the dirties or red dogs .

Believe me my opinion of a footballer would never be based on one goal or one match.

I have to disagree about Keogh having a very nice haircut. I think it looks terrible since he started shaving bits off the sides.

I like Keogh and Buxton but something about the two of them together just doesn't seem to do it for me. I'd like to see a really dominant, shouty, organiser at the back but those are damned difficult to find.

I have to disagree about Keogh having a very nice haircut. I think it looks terrible since he started shaving bits off the sides.

I like Keogh and Buxton but something about the two of them together just doesn't seem to do it for me. I'd like to see a really dominant, shouty, organiser at the back but those are damned difficult to find.

I thought the haircut was to trick attackers in to believing they were playing against Joleon Lescott? Ok scrub that from the positives too!

Football in general needs more players like him, his attitude towards pretty much everything and personality is exactly what fans crave from a footballer.

Also says a lot when our own Centre half claims we need another one.

They need to rest just like anyone else don't they. Both could end up playing 50+ professional games for us this season. While Keogh might continue to be called up to international duty as well.  

He's right about people being on their backs when they are trying to play football.

They are trying to develop some control and authority.

I forgot, Derby fans just like energy and running but criticise Nigel Clough for signing tryers

Lose/lose

This is one of the truest things i have read in a long while!

Archived