NFL thread

Perky1106

On 12 September 2016 at 11:15, Srg said:

I picked him up in my fantasy league in like the double digit rounds, and everyone jumped on me calling him old.

Good is good.

One of the few players I consider having on a jersey from another team, got an NFC Allstar one, love the guy!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, r4derby said:

The Giants are 2-0 after winning both by 3 points or less! Winning mentality makes up for a lot in this league, and improvement on both lines has helped. 

Saints unlucky @SaintRam not the shootout many predicted but at least both our defences turned up this year!

Dont remember the last time the Saints seem to be all there. FIrst time the Saints D turns up in an entire seasons worth of games and the offense doesn't. Giants D did well, but the O has to do more with the amount of turnovers the D secured.

Also, we don't seem to put much value in the K position. Lutz has a heck of a leg but he always kicks it super low. Someone has gotten a hand on his kick 3 times in 2 games.

Saints' game management has always been terrible too, it was the talent that made up for that.

I'll be surprised if we manage to finish .500 or better.

@Posh Ram there are a lot of unhappy Chargers fans (purely based on Twitter) that Joey Bosa is likely to miss a third game to start this season, after you apparently overpaid him for his rookie deal.

Surely this is just a case of easing a rookie into training before throwing him into a game after a training camp injury...he was one of the rookies I would have liked at the Giants. What's your thoughts? 

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

@Posh Ram there are a lot of unhappy Chargers fans (purely based on Twitter) that Joey Bosa is likely to miss a third game to start this season, after you apparently overpaid him for his rookie deal.

Surely this is just a case of easing a rookie into training before throwing him into a game after a training camp injury...he was one of the rookies I would have liked at the Giants. What's your thoughts? 

I think the unhappy Chargers fans are a bit deluded. SB Nation did a really good article about why it was the Chargers and not Bosa who were being difficult with contract negotiations - then the organisation made itself look thoroughly unprofessional by tweeting the details of a contract Bosa rejected. They showed the same lack of tact when negotiating with Weddle last year. Dean Spanos is a bit of a knob. 

As well as that, there's no point in rushing Bosa in before he's ready - he only signed after Week Three of the preseason - and he's injured as well. Last year we threw Melvin Gordon III in early and he really struggled so we shouldn't make the same mistake again.

watched the film concussion last night. (sorry if this has been mentioned before but I aint reading through 158 pages)

It said even today 28% of NFL players will get that brain issue. CPE CPT or something?

I didn't like the sport before but now I think just go pick up a football! (soccer ball) :lol:

good film though!

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hope none of you have stayed up to watch Cards v 49ers, absolutely turgid stuff, pretty much constant 3 and outs. Cards still yet to have any points in the first quarter this season.

Although the game is free to watch on Twitter, which is cool.

The minute I post this, Gabbert takes SF on an 87 yard drive WITH 4/4 passes completed for a TD ?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GeneralRam said:

Enjoyed myself at Twickenham yesterday, it was my first time going to the stadium. A ******* to get to though!

Still, it's a nice warmup for going to watch Cowboys/Eagles next week :D

Was there as well.. 6 miles as the crow flies from home base.. Took us longer to get through the security checks to get into the tailgate than it did to get there from home.

Great day apart from the result.. Proper ground is Twickenham.

Rams were poo and could not score.. Been there before.

Archived