Trainers

Neo

My wife has made me throw away my old forrest hills (bet they are older than a lot of posters on here)now trainers are important to me comes from old terrace days,what are your current favs,please dont say addidas or nike give the full name  ie addidas samba etc.

Nowdays looking for comfort over fashion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha neo, had all the trainers bitd but they wanna collectors items then!

The "casual" scene made very average footwear very expensive. Trainers were to play football with not to pose in :ph34r:

Lol old skool boy remember paying £99.99 for some tailwinds bout 16 years ago not good for running or kicking but was well comfy.

Lol old skool boy remember paying £99.99 for some tailwinds bout 16 years ago not good for running or kicking but was well comfy.

We bought trainers in the 70's just to kick a football round with.....10 years later they were fashionable :unsure: ......you went the match in ox blood doc's..... :cool:

We bought trainers in the 70's just to kick a football round with.....10 years later they were fashionable :unsure: ......you went the match in ox blood doc's..... :cool:

You old fart did you leave in the 70s? 70s was docs 80s was trainers.

(much prefer the docs though)

You old fart did you leave in the 70s? 70s was docs 80s was trainers.

(much prefer the docs though)

I got out when it all went organised and poncy. Weren't for me.....preferred the randomness and unpredictability of the 70's! 

Never did like those diamond pringle jumpers......

I got out when it all went organised and poncy. Weren't for me.....preferred the randomness and unpredictability of the 70's! 

Never did like those diamond pringle jumpers......

Was you a puffa jacket guy? pmsl(must get the wife to chuck that jumper out ;) )

Comfy trainers, hmmm... most of them are quite flat now so off the top of my head -

Adidas Country/Ripple

Adidas L.A

Adidas Forest Hills :lol:

Adidas Kegler - Good luck

Adidas Samoa - Don't see many but I love mine

Adidas Orion - Similar to the Samoa

Adidas Oregon - Mine are knackered

Nike Air Max 90s - Comfy...

Nike Air Max 95s - Ask Daveo

Nike Cortez - Very comfy and very light

Nike Solstice

Nike Waffle/Racer - Quite flat but good support

The problem with the Adidas and sometimes the Nike stuff is, the quality just isn't what it used to be, the stitching is *****, the glues they use either drips or disappears, the soles are layered so they're always the first to go. I find them really disappointing, especially for the prices that they charge.

Maybe have a look at -

Reebok Classics - NOT the sportsdirect ones, they're for burglars... get them straight from Reebok if you can (totally different design and quality) I love mine mainly because they're still sooo fookin cool and because they were set up and made by one man in Oldham.

I've got some Asics Tigers, they're extremely light but very comfy.

Some of the New Balance stuff is stunning, got my eye on a pair of stone island ones but wouldn't want to wear them.

Going off trainers a bit now, dunno what it is but been building a nice shoe collection up. Be in fawn trousers and mustard cords soon :(

What are them ZX750s like mate? Hoping they release them in some plain colourways.

They're nice, thinking of getting a pair.

What Reebok classics you got? Do like the ones from when I was a kid (only about 6-8 years ago), even the sports direct workouts are nice. 

These threads just tempt me to buy stuff I shouldnt. 

I never stray far from Vans tbh. Comfy, look good and surprisingly durable. Got navy and burgundy pairs at the minute.

Wouldn't mind buying another pair of trainers in the more traditional sense but I don't know where to begin with the brands, models, etc. :wacko:

Archived