Bass Vase final

rebb1

Rams In Bass Vase Final Action Tonight 

The Rams will take on the Brewers at the Pirelli Stadium tonight (7:45pm kick-off), with manager Nigel Clough opting to take a strong squad across to Staffordshire to face his old club.

Derby - who were the first-ever winners of the Bass Charity Vase in 1890 – were on the losing side when they last featured in the final of the competition in July 2011, going down 2-1, also against Burton.

Saturday’s two-goal hero at Brighton Chris Martin has been included in the 17-man squad, as well as first-team regulars Jake Buxton, Richard Keogh, Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson and Johnny Russell – plus first-year scholar Charles Vernam.

Provisional squad to face Burton: Deeney, Morch, Smith, Buxton, Keogh, Hanson, Hoganson, Forsyth, Davies, Eustace, Coutts, Bryson, Jacobs, Martin, Russell, Bennett, Vernam.

Ticket prices are:

Standing

Adults £5

Adult + Child £7

Concessions £4

Under 14s £3

Seating

Adults £6

Adult + Child £8

Concessions £4

Under 14s £3   

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too fussed about this scoreline, after all it's just a friendly and who wants to pick up an injury now?

Panic button remains untouched.

Did Russell get involved more? Been really quiet so far

He is an odd one. He is quiet, then suddenly bursts into life, then goes quiet again. I think it's partly his style, he iften disguises a pass till the last moment and partly a lack of fitness.

He is an odd one. He is quiet, then suddenly bursts into life, then goes quiet again. I think it's partly his style, he iften disguises a pass till the last moment and partly a lack of fitness.

Cheers. He does look a bit off the pace. v Brighton he was caught out a fair bit

Can someone, preferably Clough, explain to me the logic in playing our only two center halves, risking injury, in such a meaningless game, absolute madness IMHO

I agree - thought the strength of our team, even if they were half hearted was a bit mad.

and we lost anyway  :lol:

Archived