Barcelona interest in Will Hughes

CumbrianRam

Barcelona will race ­Manchester City and Arsenal in the £4million scramble for Derby County sensation Will Hughes.

Barca scouts have been busy compiling a ­detailed dossier on the 17-year-old ­midfielder, who came to the attention of the Catalan giants at an Under-17s tournament in Portugal in ­February this year.

[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-enter-chase-with-manchester-city-1441446]http://www.mirror.co...er-city-1441446

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"[size=3]who came to the attention of the Catalan giants at an Under-17s tournament in Portugal in ­February this year"[/size]

Lets face it though, the Mirror did their research and found out that he played in the tournament. 1+1=story.

1 + 1 = 5 as always. Hughes has a lot of potential, but how many young English players gave hone abroad to ply their trade? I can't think of any. If hughesy goes abroad then I'll eat my hat.

1 + 1 = 5 as always. Hughes has a lot of potential, but how many young English players gave hone abroad to ply their trade? I can't think of any. If hughesy goes abroad then I'll eat my hat.

Bloke at i think it was tranmere went bayer munich dont quote me on that

How many English players are good enough to play for Barcelona, let alone compatible with their style of play.

Most English "wonderkids" are pacey wingers who can do a couple of step overs who just hit puberty when they were 6 years old.

If Hughes is going to make it, he's just as likely to do it abroad as he is here, IMO.

There are a few about abroad anyway. Dale Jennings at Bayern, Eric Dier at Sporting Lisbon to name two.

Archived