Barcelona interest in Will Hughes

CumbrianRam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the pulling out of tackles part. I was watching the Birmingham game at university with a couple of housemates and they all pointed it out on a couple of occasions. I think he's still probably got some growing to do though so a bit more confidence in his physicality should come with time. That's also one of the reasons we should hold on to him for a bit longer.

He was able to 'wrestle' and win against Marlon King.. I'd imagine he has plenty of confidence there already 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

He was able to 'wrestle' and win against Marlon King.. I'd imagine he has plenty of confidence there already 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I thought Marlon only liked to fight with girls..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

From a very good source - Barcelona HAVE inquired about Hughes, however, he would like to remain at DCFC for 2 more years.

I would guess if Barca gave the slightest sniff of Hughes he'd be smashing down doors to get that move, and if he didn't I would question him as a person.

I would put a barca contract, and a liverpool contract in front of him - let's see which one he goes for... he is a massive liverpool fan, ridiculously big and he constantly bleets on about how good barca are.

If Barca are in for him, then as long as we are well compensated we should definitely let him go there - he'll be trained by the very best, and the other young lad that is there sergi samper would make a potentially great partnership.

I guess in 10 years time that Sergi Samper will be the new name on everyones lips.

Will and his family are much smarter than that. They know that playing first team football at Derby is better for his development than playing in the junior teams with a bigger side. He will be here for a year or two yet.

To be fair Messi didn't play for Derby County and he turned out just fine... so did Xavi, Iniesta...etc I think with no shadow of any doubt, in any way Will Hughes would be a much better player in the future developing at Barca, rather than Derby.

I like our coaches, and management team and trust them... but not that much 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

To be fair Messi didn't play for Derby County and he turned out just fine... so did Xavi, Iniesta...etc I think with no shadow of any doubt, in any way Will Hughes would be a much better player in the future developing at Barca, rather than Derby.

I like our coaches, and management team and trust them... but not that much 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I am sure that there are also a lot of players who have not developed as early as they might have done by playing U21 football rather than first team.

Re: Messi, Xavi etc. bit of a daft comment that one.

I am sure that there are also a lot of players who have not developed as early as they might have done by playing U21 football rather than first team.

Re: Messi, Xavi etc. bit of a daft comment that one.

Why, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol...etc and a few others are players Barcalona have churned out from their academy because of their coaching levels and standards.

Put that against Nyatanga, Addison, Barnes and Huddlestone being the best we've churned out in recent years.

Where do you think he'll get get the better training, taught better things... working with better players? that's my point - players needing this first team football is a myth, the worlds best players currently didn't have to play at a lesser standard first to get to their level, most of them all played at the best clubs and because they've been taught a lot better... they're a lot better.

Why, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol...etc and a few others are players Barcalona have churned out from their academy because of their coaching levels and standards.

Put that against Nyatanga, Addison, Barnes and Huddlestone being the best we've churned out in recent years.

Where do you think he'll get get the better training, taught better things... working with better players? that's my point - players needing this first team football is a myth, the worlds best players currently didn't have to play at a lesser standard first to get to their level, most of them all played at the best clubs and because they've been taught a lot better... they're a lot better.

The point you made was that Messi et al turned out fine without playing for Derby County - that is what I said was a daft comment.

My understanding is that he and his family see his development over the next year or two being in the first team at Derby; playing with the big boys. He wants to play first team football not kick around with the same age group for the next 2 or 3 years.

Derby will teach him good habits in a good set up.Eventually, he will move on whether it is in 12 months or 2 years that is up to him and those around him.

I think people misunderstand the difference between going to Barcalona and an English team. English youth football is one of the most crap in the world. It has an amazing ability to let very good players rot away playing training matches until they're 21. We have to rely on our money to go and cherry pick the players that foreign clubs have been decent enough to develop themselves.

If Hughes goes to Barcalona, then he'd be signed up to the B team currently playing in the Spanish second league. He'd be in with a chance of playing at a similar level to the one he has now, except he'd have access to some of the best youth coaches in the world, he'd be competing for a starting place with other future Barcalona players, CL winners and World Cup golden boot winners.

Of course, he'd be beyond daft to go to Arsenal and join the 245783874 other players his age at the club, and at Liverpool he'd probably have Henderson above him in the pecking order which I'd find insulting if I were him.

If it's Barca that's interested, I think he should go if he's going to get into the B team. If not, I think it would be wise to stay here.

Archived