Barcelona interest in Will Hughes

CumbrianRam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, if you go to Barca, you're far more likely to play proffessional football straight away.

Barcelona B play in Segunda Division, Spain's Championship, and he'd go in to that squad for a few years. He'd still be playing second-tier football, but he'd be on the books of the best team in the world...

It's not like Barcelona have a massive squad of players. They don't fire from the hip like Arsenal do and sign absolutely everyone possible.

If this is true it confirms his ability and he'll more than likely end up playing for Barca. They don't prat about with youngsters like we do here.

Out of all the stories I do think the most realistic move for Hughes would be Liverpool. With Rodgers playing every youngster on their books, Hughes would get into the first team, and I couldn't see Hughes turning the move down. It's a big club, and with first team football on offer, at the club he supports, who wouldn't?

Out of all the stories I do think the most realistic move for Hughes would be Liverpool. With Rodgers playing every youngster on their books, Hughes would get into the first team, and I couldn't see Hughes turning the move down. It's a big club, and with first team football on offer, at the club he supports, who wouldn't?

He would get into their first team?

Are you on drugs?

Hughes is good and has a lot of potential but his level now is that of a competitive NPC standard.. He wouldn't make the first team of any side in the PL let alone one in the top half..

I know he has potential, but he's not going anywhere fast.. Even if he makes a big move, it would be a few loans back in the NPC plus a relegation threatened PL side before he even makes the bench let alone the first team..

You look at someone like Cleverly who is now starting to get a few games at Man Utd but it's not like he walked into their team.. He had loan spells at Watford, Leicester and Wigan and now he's a part player for them and he's probably Englands most promising young player around.. And he's 23..

Will Hughes is 17, and had he been at Leicester or Forest instead of Derby he'd still be playing reserve/U21 games and occasionally in the first team squad.. He's had the luxury of being at Derby where we haven't had anyone decent enough to challenge him.. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but let's not go waaaaaaay over the top here.. He has a long way to go before he's playing regular PL football..

Not a single Premiership club could offer Hughes first team football.

Not many Championship clubs could.

Are you on drugs?

Hughes is good and has a lot of potential but his level now is that of a competitive NPC standard.. He wouldn't make the first team of any side in the PL let alone one in the top half..

I know he has potential, but he's not going anywhere fast.. Even if he makes a big move, it would be a few loans back in the NPC plus a relegation threatened PL side before he even makes the bench let alone the first team..

You look at someone like Cleverly who is now starting to get a few games at Man Utd but it's not like he walked into their team.. He had loan spells at Watford, Leicester and Wigan and now he's a part player for them and he's probably Englands most promising young player around.. And he's 23..

Will Hughes is 17, and had he been at Leicester or Forest instead of Derby he'd still be playing reserve/U21 games and occasionally in the first team squad.. He's had the luxury of being at Derby where we haven't had anyone decent enough to challenge him.. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but let's not go waaaaaaay over the top here.. He has a long way to go before he's playing regular PL football..

Small technical point - Liverpool are in the bottom half

This time last year was Hughes good enough for the Championship? No one knew because he hadn't played in it. Is he ready for the Premier League? I would say not quite yet, but the lad suprised me by getting to this level, so who really knows? I expect that where ever he goes, he'll play out this season on loan in the Championship and then his development will get assesed pre-season. If he's 10% better than now, he'll be on the fringes of his new club's squad and play for them in League Cup and matches before big games when top players are rested (assuming Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Aresenal, Spurs - if a lower team then maybe a regular bench warmer), if he doesn't improve then he'll be back with a Championship team for another loan season.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20184398]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20184398

Such a good article and can show what happens when the media get involved with youth players..

Just a quick question... Did Francis Jeffers and Niel Mellor fire us to world cup glory during our golden generation?

Talk about an extreme example - yeesh. As for your question, no one has got us anywhere near world cup success since '66, so to make that point is a little ridiculous.

Talk about an extreme example - yeesh. As for your question, no one has got us anywhere near world cup success since '66, so to make that point is a little ridiculous.

No.. The point I was making is that players who flourished for smaller clubs or those who burst onto the scene don't always make it.. Jeffers and Mellor were regarded as massive prospects and were on the books at Liverpool and Arsenal where the chances of improving your game playing with top players is high..

Yet those two never lived up to the hype and dropped down the leagues..

People are making out that Huighes has already made it and will be a PL regular for a top club etc.. We'll see in time, but to suggest that he'll be part of a first team squad now at 17 years old when he's only at a competitive NPC level is ludicrous..

People need to calm down.. He's not a Wayne Rooney type player.. We'll be lucky if he turns out like Cleverly but even that is pushing it..

Are you on drugs?

No, i just have a different opinion to you. And the rest of your post? I won't be reading it. You're arrogant and I don't have time for you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

No, i just have a different opinion to you. And the rest of your post? I won't be reading it. You're arrogant and I don't have time for you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/trondoom+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+134+at+_4d45dd86bce388c67fa8bee1d04a7f1e

pokemon reference FTW

Not a single Premiership club could offer Hughes first team football.

Not many Championship clubs could.

[size=4]First team vs Young Boys: Jones, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Sahin, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco, Jesus Fernandez Saez.[/size]

[size=4]I don't agree with you in saying they're all better then Hughes, sorry.[/size]

[/font]

[size=4]First team vs Young Boys: Jones, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Sahin, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco, Jesus Fernandez Saez.[/size]

[size=4]I don't agree with you in saying they're all better then Hughes, sorry.[/size]

They are all better than Hughes..

[/font]

The Liverpool side you have mentioned are all indeed better than Hughes.

The problem with so many of our fans is the delusion of grandeur.

Will Hughes is no better than the average Championship midfielder. He stands out merely because of his age.

Archived