Will Hughes August 2012 Rumours

ramexpat

If £5 million is the opening bid, we should hopefully be able to get £7 million for him, wouldn't be bad considering Rodwell who has England caps and is more 'established' when for £12 million

And with that money, we could hopefully buy some half decent players

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish a cracking player like Will didn't have to be sold to the highest bidder. He's a very talented breath of fresh air for us.

I actually think his apprenticeship would be better served in The Championship as it is probably the physical side of his game he needs to develop. His technical ability is already there for all to see.

Don't forget for every young player that goes to a big club and develops his career there are probably 2 or 3 that go and runi their career. That said I think Arsenal are a good club for bringing youngsters through the ranks as opposed to Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham who just buy young talent to stop other teams from getting them and are then more than happy for them to spend the whole of their contract bench warming.

I honestly think that is a myth in terms of physicallity of the sport, the premiership is a lot more physical than the championship and every player no matter what division or league is taught to be strong!

Will Hughes is obviously a natural passer of the ball but he can still improve it by a long way and learn to be a much better player than he currently is - I think we have to address this (if true) a lot more sensibly for him and us, because he is a massive talent but he will not reach his potential playing for us - he can't make world class passes if the rest of the team don't move and don't have the same vision this is why he needs to be in a better team with better players, the physical side will still be taught and probably at a much higher level than us anyway.

5 million for us is a lot of money, a team changing amount of money and for him he would improve no end and in 5 years time be a much better player for it. We rejected 6million for Giles Barnes that oozed class and rightly so, but, in the end it was detrimental to us as a club..

This is complete b*llocks

It's not, if you think that no premier league clubs are interested then you are deluded. We all love the kid and really dont want him to leave, but the reality is if we dont go up this year, he is on his bike.

I'm of the opinion that the last thing Will Hughes should do is bulk up. He doesnt need that in his game.

He was bulldozed off the ball a couple of times yesterday Duracell, so for his own good a bit of bulk behind him won't hurt? It might prevent a few knocks? Credit to him though, he never gave up did he - so perhaps he's not too fussed by it?

He was bulldozed off the ball a couple of times yesterday Duracell, so for his own good a bit of bulk behind him won't hurt? It might prevent a few knocks? Credit to him though, he never gave up did he - so perhaps he's not too fussed by it?

Im sure he was buldozzed and he will be many times this season, but i feel that with the kind of player he should be aiming to be, bulking up shouldnt be on the agenda. If you watch Isaac Cuenca play for Barca, who is a forward just emerging from their academy and is being blooded into the first team, he has a few similarities to Hughes, especially in build. He often gets knocked off the ball and while more often than not he produces stella performances, there are occasions in La Liga when he gets bullied.

The point is, he's agile, his passes are exquisite, his footwork quick. A player of his quality will eventually learn the movement and skill to never have his physical weaknesses addressed. My mum could probably beat Iniesta in an arm wrestling match, but he skips around the football pitch virtually untouched.

Hughes has the ability to be this kind of player and if he can learn to play like Bueno on a good day every week in the Championship, he will be a superb Premier League and England footballer, of the David Silva ilk (though probably not that good). With his build he can learn to play Wednesday and own the pitch, I feel.

If he all he wants to be is a Championship midfielder, yeah, he should bulk up, but he's got to be ambitious.

His footballing philosophy is very continental anyway, I doubt he'd like to be told to pile on the pounds!

I'd sell him. Will is def a good player and if we kept him in our team he'd b a good asset but him alone in this team wouldn't make us a top 6 team. Now 5 mil added to this team we'd b close to promotion. It's a shame we not in a position to keep our good starlets but I'm afraid that's what the academy is about. To self generate money for the team. I do believe any money made off transfers would b given for Nigel to spend. We starting to see the fruits of the time and money pumped into the academy. That's how a 2nd tier club runs

Archived