early signs are good

B4ev6is

It is going to be tough without a doubt this season but i feel brigton game we have learn how shut out games now which should mean a few more away wins. I think we have a nice mix of youth and experance. But if seems like our fitness has impoved leaps and bounds at one point derby would have been running on fumes.

Running on fumes, in our third game of the season??? How unfit do you remember us being???

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno ramsbottom, for the last 5 years we've had about 10 on the treatment table by the third match.

I agree with that, and we now have a decent bench of replacements who can step up and of similar ability to whose in first team.

I'm glad it's looking good and we've got a team of players who can play. My fear is if (when?) we lose 2 or 3 on the bounce, will the football go out of the window and ultra defensive Cloughball make a return? You know, we've got a point at kickoff, let's try to defend it for 90 minutes.

My 10 year old decided to do a league predictor for the whole season...he had us at 86 points (yeah I know, but he is 10)

He then tells me after the first 2 games that we are 2points in front of his total already (he had us drawing both games) and that means we are going to win auto promotion.

I did think of asking B4 to give my boy a dose of realism.............

Then I thought no, bugger that I'm going to get excited as well

Premier league here we come

It is going to be tough without a doubt this season but i feel brigton game we have learn how shut out games now which should mean a few more away wins. I think we have a nice mix of youth and experance. But if seems like our fitness has impoved leaps and bounds at one point derby would have been running on fumes.

Didn't we throw one of our two games away in the last minute?

Won our first four two years ago didn't we?

Definately a good start though! The win at Brighton has made me forget how annoyed I was after Blackburn!

Bought Yeovil tickets today, must be going well mad

FTFM

all i meant was past season when whole team looked unfit and struggled to hit the ground running, but this season it looks like we can play at a high tempo for a whole game and not let up, but past seasons we have shown short periods of time we can play at a high tempo but not for a whole game.

Dare I even whisper about it? You know...past injuries and a depleted squad...?

No, I daren't.

But on the plus side, at least there's a choice of players for Cloughie to choose from.

In my eyes how is he ever going to improve as a player if he never plays

Well we better play him now then while he's not quite good enough.

I seem to recall you had a similar love affair with Ball claiming Clough was a poor manager for not giving him enough playing time.

Archived