Statement from fans re Leicester game - SW Upper

therams69

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the whole thing has been ill thought out and rushed through, what a farce !, surely the time that we need a greater atmosphere and more noise from the home fans is at the bigger games versus forest, leeds, leics etc and these where the games that were always going to be moved so what is the point ??? especially having to f4ck about ringing the club to get a new seat each time.

So let me get this straight,the club want you to move seats to accomodate away fans and you have to pay for the privilage of moving seats ?

What happens if you dont want to move ?

SW corner is a free move- you only pay if you move to a different part of the ground

It was part of the T&C of the season ticket so nothing to complain about really

Really shouldnt have to move in the first place

Part of the cheaper ST compromise innit. Not ideal but it's what you make it. Different part of the ground, different experience. Clough's tactics might not look so awful from a different angle...

Why can't they do what they did with Sheff Wed last season and give them s/w lower surely if they could police it then they can do so again.

I know it was the terms of the season tickets to move to the ss. But the idea of creating a better atmosphere IMO defo needs to include the games where teams want to bring more fans

Why can't they do what they did with Sheff Wed last season and give them s/w lower surely if they could police it then they can do so again.

I know it was the terms of the season tickets to move to the ss. But the idea of creating a better atmosphere IMO defo needs to include the games where teams want to bring more fans

They gave then SW upper last season and I'm guessing they've already sold tickets in that area so can't give them that bit.

If the middle block of tiers between the two segretation nets are empty then it's purely on segregation purposes - I guess we'll find out on the day.

The club is damned if they do, damned if they don't in this situation. They wanted fans behind the goal, and bowed to fan pressure, but knew that with a big away crowd they would have to move. That was part of the deal for the cheaper ST.

However, presumably while for some games (Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed) you can pretty much guarantee a big support so can plan ahead, with Leicester you'd never know until the week before. They might bring 500, might bring 3,000. The club would not want to move fans unnecessarily, but when it becomes apparent that they need to, I'm not sure what else they can do at short notice.

I understand the frustration of having to contact the ticket office, and like Ron Willems' idea of block booking an area in the SW so you always have the same '2nd seat' when/if you want it, but if you're paying a large discounted rate for an adult ST you've got to roll with some of the punches.

For goodness sake, the club gave people the best part of £150 off the price of a season ticket and at the same time, bowed to fans' wishes to allow Derby fans (almost) behind the goal at the South Stand. At the time it was stated that for certain games where the opposition were expected to bring a lot of fans, you would have to move.

Don't you think that you ought to fulfil your side of the bargain?

For goodness sake, the club gave people the best part of £150 off the price of a season ticket and at the same time, bowed to fans' wishes to allow Derby fans (almost) behind the goal at the South Stand. At the time it was stated that for certain games where the opposition were expected to bring a lot of fans, you would have to move.

Don't you think that you ought to fulfil your side of the bargain?

I've no problem with the bargain - my problem is with the half-arsed way they have gone about it - a vague statement on the website suggesting we might like to contact the ticket office to arrange a swap?!

I guarantee there will be a LOT of people turn up to the Leics game without really any clue that they were expected to organise their own move.

They knew we had to move for certain games so they should have allocated us all two seats - one in the SS for most games and our "emergency" seat in SW. Then just swipe our ST as normal just in the SW - walk to our second seat and no stress for anyone.

Anyone who DOES want to move elsewhere can still ring the ticket office

Archived