Statement from fans re Leicester game - SW Upper

therams69

Morning all

As promised on twitter and facebook if you follow said I would put something out re South Stand v Leicester.

First off no panic guys!

Wednesday morning Sam Rush took the time to call me regarding the Leicester game and why we had to move from the South Stand. So fair play straight away for that.

Club statement advised police request. Yes the police have made a request to Derby County to move fans. This is only a request to the club and not something that can be forced. Clearly the club have to take on board views and opinions from the police. Some of which I was not happy with and can be disputed and if I didn't know the below it would be something I would be arguing against.

Also spoke to the ticket office manager and Leicester are expected to be bringing more than what the 2100 allocation is currently setup for so its kind of a game that we had to prepare to move for anyway despite Leicester in recent years having not actually brought that many fans to Pride Park. Can only assume because 3rd game of season and they've won both etc so on a bit of a high at the minute.

So Leicester expected to bring quite a few.

I would urge and advise all fans affected that are in Blocks D and E and lower B and C to move to the SW Corner. This is practically an empty area and due to low season ticket sales was always the planned place to move to for such games. I would not worry about not being able to be sat together as everyone still will be. If you wish to relocate to other areas of the stadium you will have to pay between £1 and £9.50 to upgrade, as agreed at the time of sale with your season ticket. If there is an over spill the club will accommodate you without charge I am sure.

I know its a shame we have to move but end of the day South Standers will still all be together and to be honest quite looking forward to going up in the SW Corner. It will be full and noisy! Drum has its place and will probably be used for the second half again.

Hope this clarifies a few points for you.

Simply call the ticket office or pop down and you will be issued with a new paper ticket.

Thanks

Nick

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct hun. They've sold around 1000 already and have not gone on sale to their ST holders yet so I would expect so.

Combined with the police advise decision made.

Not ideal but if it was just police advise I would have disputed it and will continue to dispute it should it occur again. PPS is no different to any other stadium in terms of separating supporters.

Nick - Out of interest picking up on your last line there about PPS being no different to any other - A lot of other grounds have very minimum seperation in the stadium between home and away fans - often a barrier and a line of stewards. DCFC/Police seem to be very top heavy with the amount of protection they employ between the two fans?

I don't know how the concourses are set up and whether this influences the decision but based on the first game - it would appear they can fit 3000 away fans in the upper/lower and if they are asking you to be moved, despite the 6-10 seat gap of netting, it seems over the top.

Considering there was only 21,000 in the ground, I thought it made a huge difference having the supporters behind the goal.

Thanks

Will we be automatically issued a new ticket if we need to move or do we have to call the ticket office still?

I assume we only need to call if we have a specific request as you mentioned above

Everyone in affected areas has to make contact with the ticket office either via in person or phone.

Nick - Out of interest picking up on your last line there about PPS being no different to any other - A lot of other grounds have very minimum seperation in the stadium between home and away fans - often a barrier and a line of stewards. DCFC/Police seem to be very top heavy with the amount of protection they employ between the two fans?

I don't know how the concourses are set up and whether this influences the decision but based on the first game - it would appear they can fit 3000 away fans in the upper/lower and if they are asking you to be moved, despite the 6-10 seat gap of netting, it seems over the top.

Considering there was only 21,000 in the ground, I thought it made a huge difference having the supporters behind the goal.

Thanks

Agree they do but this is something the club and police were all aware of when the SS was agreed and it disappoints me that this would ever be a reason for relocation.

I think the major is the exiting from the stadium than anything. Cannot really go into too much detail on it but yeah thats one of the reasons.

I didn't realise that - thanks for clearing that up.

And what happens if they don't - the statement on the club website doesn't say anything about particular blocks being affected - that is secret info that I've only read in your post here. How do we know if we are affected or not?

It's absolutely rubbish that the club are putting the onus on the fans to organise the move. What a joke!

And what happens if they don't - the statement on the club website doesn't say anything about particular blocks being affected - that is secret info that I've only read in your post here. How do we know if we are affected or not?

It's absolutely rubbish that the club are putting the onus on the fans to organise the move. What a joke!

I'm guessing its the seats between the two sets of netting - the bit that was empty last year where the flags went.

I'm also figuring the police got twitchy after some fans on the way out got a bit lairy on Sunday. I saw a couple get nicked.

Yes I will advise club something needs to be reissued exactly what blocks.

Was always going to be the case as some fans may wish to move to another area and pay. Or be at the back or front etc... If club has reissued you automatically far too many would be complaining.

It's not too late though is it?

Next time we have to move seats, the club just say "Ok, we'll automatically reissue the same seat you moved to against Leicester, unless you specifically ask us not to"

Would save 2,000 people ringing up / going to the ground every time.

It's not too late though is it?

Next time we have to move seats, the club just say "Ok, we'll automatically reissue the same seat you moved to against Leicester, unless you specifically ask us not to"

Would save 2,000 people ringing up / going to the ground every time.

10p a minute to call the club - how much will the club make off the phone calls?

Archived