We Didn't Miss Brayford

davenportram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we did, at times, miss his attacking threat down the right. A lot was expected of Ward on the left, who was pretty useless in the second half.

He isn't mentioned so much because our right back wasn't the difference between 1 point and 3 points, it was our final-20 minute struggle to the finish that is the talking point. The debate is whether you believe Clough or circumstance is to blame for that.

I think the way we played in shape meant that we didn't have to rely on Freeman for anything more than being a right back which was good.

The defense dealt with their part, midfield with theirs and so on, for 65 minutes we had a good structure.

Personally thought Freeman was the best defender of the lot yesterday.

Also considering many have expressed concerns with his willingness/ability to attack he got forward more than i expected. I'd like to see him start with a out and out winger like Jacobs. 

Yep, I also thought Freeman had a good game. I would like to see him given a run of games to see how he does, he always played well for the under 21's last year. Looks like Adam Smith will start against Oldham though.

Also considering many have expressed concerns with his willingness/ability to attack he got forward more than i expected. I'd like to see him start with a out and out winger like Jacobs.

Totally agree with this, also think he had to cover the centre halves a lot as well yesterday.

Totally agree with this, also think he had to cover the centre halves a lot as well yesterday.

Yeh he covered very well when Keogh and Buxton went walkabout. 

Can Freeman or Smith play LB ? Although i was pleased with his performance at the end of last season, Forsyth was poor yesterday. 

Can Freeman or Smith play LB ? Although i was pleased with his performance at the end of last season, Forsyth was poor yesterday.

Not too sure, Thought Forsyth looked a little nervous

It was a nervy defence and I thought Freeman was the best defender out of the four. Keogh was good on the ball but a bit suspect off it. Freeman stopped a lot of crosses from going into the box and got forward when he needed to. Over time, he will be more confident going forward but I was pleased to see he played well.

Freeman will only get better throughout the season and especially as his confidence gets better.

We may have relied on Wardy more down the left yesterday and not attacked more down the right because of Hendrick playing there. A mistake to play Hendrick at RM, would have been better off with Davies

I thought the balance was wrong on the right side yesterday, Freeman was not getting as much support, Brayford always had Coutts in front of him.

Hendrick we presume was supposed to be right midfield but he kept drifting into centre mid

I thought the balance was wrong on the right side yesterday, Freeman was not getting as much support, Brayford always had Coutts in front of him.

Hendrick we presume was supposed to be right midfield but he kept drifting into centre mid

I think the midfield 4 chopped and changed most of the 1st half, each time I looked they had all moved positions.

Just asked the same question on a different thread! Forsyth had a very bad first half yesterday.

Buxton certainly did that with his challenge in the box late on which should have been a pen.

Never a.penalty. I thought the £8m striker he was marking only had one attempt at goal and that was when Freeman was marking him at a corner.

Never a.penalty. I thought the £8m striker he was marking only had one attempt at goal and that was when Freeman was marking him at a corner.

Thought he bundled him over, if he did get the ball it was still clumsy. Just being picky! Not sure why Freeman was marking him though....

Archived