The Brunswick

Boycie

What's going off?

Upstairs bar not staffed, prices gone up, no sign of their old own brewed beer?

It was half empty?

It needs sorting or they'll ruin it.

I know it's been taken over by Brampton Brewery, but why upset the football upstairs crowd?

Food was still being served though, but can't comment on that.

2 of the beers my mate had were ropey too.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I popped in the Brunswick on Sunday and it definitely seemed emptier than the usual match day. Can't complain drinks-wise personally as I enjoyed my railway porter.

I haven't been in the Vic since I was about 16 but it is still there, looks a bit smarter from the outside but no doubt it's still the same lovable shithole inside. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area.

Actually listened in to a discussion the new landlord was having with a mate in the vic a few weeks back when he'd just taken over, came across like he thought he knew best no matter what - dismissed another pub with "I don't really rate their food" despite the pub in question recently winning an award for its food and being a thriving business now, having turned around from being a bit of a dump.

Not saying he was a **** or anything, just struck me as a bit arrogant and unwilling to listen to customers.

£2.65 is still a good price for the Railway Porter, even if I could get 2 for a fiver last season.

Just take a flask to the game ffs, things people moan about these days, do you know how many thousands of people are in Africa without clean water to drink? Here's Boycie moaning cos he can't get his favourite beer on a Sunday, makes me sick.

Archived