US Sports popularity debate

StockholmRam

Is it? I seriously thought it was the Superbowl?

Sadly TdF doesn't feature in the Top 5.

Not quite making the front row, sitting at No. 5, is the Monaco Grand Prix

At 4 is the Superbowl

In at 3, not out for a duck (and Frogggy will be pleased) is the Cricket World Cup

Ever popular at No. 2 is the Olympics

And your number one, viewers, is......

I'm not gonna tell you, it's bloody obvious!

really? its as boring as watching paint dry.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely not as boring as American Football or AFL.

never watched them tbh.

the monaco GP is my least favourite as nothing happens its almost impossible to over take there, its only exciting when it rains which is incredibly rare and even then its not that great. its just in a glamorous location.

So you're also a racist as well. Should have guessed.

The two largest sports by far are Football and Cricket, whilst the American sports tend to be a footnote at best on the world scale. Basketball has made some inroads in Europe, as Baseball has in East Asia, but neither are particularly well developed on the World Scale. American football is pretty much exclusively stuck on your continent as AFL is stuck in Victoria and places that want to be Victoria in Australia. Comparing any of those to Cricket, which has the fanatical support of over a billion people is absolutely ridiculous. The great irony here is that the only thing that makes American sports even worth noting is the shear population of the United States, and yet to write off cricket because of India? My word...

Do you even know what racist means?

Do you even know what racist means? Moron

So you're not classifying India and it's people in with the rest of the World, you are grouping them below America in this instance. What other connotation are we meant to take from that?

So you're not classifying India and it's people in with the rest of the World, you are grouping them below America in this instance. What other connotation are we meant to take from that?

LOL

Clearly your another that doesn't read my posts properly

By over a billion Indian, Pakistan and Bangladesh people?

Sports are popular by viewing numbers over a range of countries.. Ice Hockey is big in the US and massive in Canada, Russia, Scandinavia and practically any place that has snow..

Basketball is played worldwide, massive in the States and massive throughout Europe..

These sports are far more popular than cricket.. It only gets high rating alongside tabletennis because it's watched by 1/4 of the world's population in the same region..

This argument goes for Basketball. Basketball is only popular in a core of the USA and a few European countries. Throughout the rest of the world it is a very minor sport, akin to Cricket in the States.

Oh dear Bris, oh dear.

Yes that's it.. Completely ignore the rest of the posts and just come up with that..

Your a moron

Basketball is played throughout the Americas, in virtually every European country given the Euro League, It's a big sport in North Africa too with the likes of Isreal having a major league.. Not to mention other countries in Asia..

Yet cricket is only played in certain countries.. Basketball is played in far more countries than cricket and is a major sport in more countries than cricket is..

Yes that's it.. Completely ignore the rest of the posts and just come up with that..

Your a moron

Basketball is played throughout the Americas, in virtually every European country given the Euro League, It's a big sport in North Africa too with the likes of Isreal having a major league.. Not to mention other countries in Asia..

Yet cricket is only played in certain countries.. Basketball is played in far more countries than cricket and is a major sport in more countries than cricket is..

I think you'll find it's 'you're a moron'

Your a moron

So we're down to petty insults eh? Can I try?

1. It's 'you're a moron', not 'your a moron'. 'You're' is a contraction of 'you are' whilst 'your' is a possessive term.

2. Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey and so forth are all played worldwide, as are pretty much every sport. The key point isn't about where a sport is played, but rather where it is dominant. You'd be kidding yourself to think that Association football isn't the dominant sport throughout the majority of the Americas, whilst Basketball is at best a footnote beyond the USA on the continents as a whole. In terms of Europe there is some level of interest, but much like Rugby in England, it is still largely a secondary sport

3. Israel is not in North Africa, so I'm a tad confused why you'd mention them in the context of Basketball being popular in North Africa

4. You seem to be pulling the ol' Bris Racist goal post shift here as well, we're suddenly not talking about the most popular sports anymore, but rather the sports that happen to be secondary in the largest number of countries. No matter really though, as Cricket is played in a lot more countries than you probably realise. For a laugh here are the countries where Cricket is a major sport:

Australia

England

India

Pakistan

Sri Lanka

Bangladesh

Zimbabwe

South Africa

New Zealand

Antigua and Barbuda

Barbados

Dominica

Grenada

Guyana

Jamaica

Saint Lucia

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Trinidad and Tobago

Saint Kitts and Nevis

It could be considered to be secondary in many others as well, but there are the major ones where it is a major sport. Don't tell me though, the Caribbean not European enough to count to you?

5. Also, why are you avoiding the point. You made a comment that came across as distinctly racist, and after it was brought up again, mostly to show that yes, it does come across as racist you just ignored the point and moved on. Nice one!

Yes I do, actually I'm quite into detail with facts..

I've given enough on NC to last a lifetime..

Hahahaha! That is utter toss and you know it. Your general posts are some flimsy emotionally based nonsense that could be shredded by a drunk goat, and once the inevitable shredding occurs you go about moving the goal posts until you get bored, declare yourself right and go on with your day. Whilst the effort is generally admirable, to call that being "quite into detail with facts" is surely taking the piss.

I've thought about this 'your' and 'you're' thing a little bit, like, when people say "your a moron", it's like they're gifting themselves as a moron. It's very nice of Bris, actually.

Well not really, as many people don't write the words as they speak..

But if you don't think I know the difference between your and you're and they're, there and their then ya also a moron..

Hahahaha! That is utter toss and you know it. Your general posts are some flimsy emotionally based nonsense that could be shredded by a drunk goat, and once the inevitable shredding occurs you go about moving the goal posts until you get bored, declare yourself right and go on with your day. Whilst the effort is generally admirable, to call that being "quite into detail with facts" is surely taking the piss.

It's not taking the piss at all.. What takes the piss is those that write a 500 word essay on a football forum.. To save you the trouble buddy, don't bother replying to me with your essays (unless you want others to read them) because I don't ever read them.. I'm not saying that in an ignorant way, I just don't have time to do it and you'll probably save yourself some time too..

Archived