Jamie Ward

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Providing we spend the money we get from him by August, I would be delighted to sell him.

Only ever plays just over half the season, and only looks like a match winner in half of those games.

£750k is a joke, but it would be outrageous if we conned £2m out of someone for him.

Good player. But not often enough for a team like us.

Not really sure why people are getting worked up over $750k..

It's common practice for clubs to offer a lower amount at the beginning.. It's not like a $750k take it or leave it bid..

I'd sell him for anything over $1mill.. I don't think he can stay fit for a whole season and he's not the sort of player you want to rely on.. He'd be great for someone like Leicester where they'll have decent cover for him.. Us on the other look weak creatively if he's not on the left..

Not really sure why people are getting worked up over £750k..

It's common practice for clubs to offer a lower amount at the beginning.. It's not like a £750k take it or leave it bid..

I'd sell him for anything over £1mill.. I don't think he can stay fit for a whole season and he's not the sort of player you want to rely on.. He'd be great for someone like Leicester where they'll have decent cover for him.. Us on the other look weak creatively if he's not on the left..

A couple of weeks ago people were criticising Derby for supposedly putting in a too low bid for Johnny Russell. I agree that it's common sense to pitch low - you might get a bargain. Of course if it was Leeds they would no doubt offer £7.5m - and we would demand more.

Not really sure why people are getting worked up over £750k..

It's common practice for clubs to offer a lower amount at the beginning.. It's not like a £750k take it or leave it bid..

I'd sell him for anything over £1mill.. I don't think he can stay fit for a whole season and he's not the sort of player you want to rely on.. He'd be great for someone like Leicester where they'll have decent cover for him.. Us on the other look weak creatively if he's not on the left..

I think Clough has said that we missed Ward when he was out thats why hes signed Russell.

If we missed him when hes out I cant see thats a reason to sell him especially for a  low transfer fee and especially to Fester.

Credit goes to Clough on turning his career around.

Like so many Clough has brought in, his career was going nowhere and no clubs wanted him. Clough spotted the potential, brought him in and he's now our most creative player.

Sell him at our peril.

am I imagining it, or did someone put some stats up a couple of weeks ago that suggest that even though Jamie Ward scores goals, we lose more with him that win?

Actually, we lose more than we win anyway!

Jamie wards score on the Albertometer.......

2012-13

Win / draw with jamie ward 58%

Win/draw without.................68%

2011-12

Win / draw with jamie ward 57%

Win/draw without.................67%

2010-11

Win / draw with jamie ward 53%

Win/draw without.................45%

Personally i think we're better with him though.

Credit goes to Clough on turning his career around.

Like so many Clough has brought in, his career was going nowhere and no clubs wanted him. Clough spotted the potential, brought him in and he's now our most creative player.

Sell him at our peril.

What others have fallen under this bracket? Like so many?

What others have fallen under this bracket? Like so many?

Jake Buxton: What ever folks might think, he is now established himself as a solid if unspectacular championship defender.

Paul Coutts: Couldn't even get into a League One side and has now firmly established himself in our first team squad.

Theo Robinson: When Clough brought him in, he couldn't get a start with his club. He came in and had a scoring record of 1 in 4 and has been rewarded with International caps.

No other clubs would have touched any of those players. They've all played their part in the recent stability of DCFC.

Jake Buxton: What ever folks might think, he is now established himself as a solid if unspectacular championship defender.

Paul Coutts: Couldn't even get into a League One side and has now firmly established himself in our first team squad.

Theo Robinson: When Clough brought him in, he couldn't get a start with his club. He came in and had a scoring record of 1 in 4 and has been rewarded with International caps.

No other clubs would have touched any of those players. They've all played their part in the recent stability of DCFC.

Yes they've all played their part in us becoming a stable, average, uninspiring middle of the road NPC football club..

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing..

Yes they've all played their part in us becoming a stable, average, uninspiring middle of the road NPC football club..

he answered your question Bris, did that disappoint you?

Weren't people talking about a price in excess of £2 mil for him to go to Leicester back in January 2012 or something? I seem to remember that being one of the rumours. Surely after his form last season he'd be worth at least that much, particularly as his contract runs until 2015.

Damn site better than yoyoing up and down the lead, flailing and failing in the playoffs before struggling to beat off relegation.

Archived