Players You Would Have Back?

Ambitious

Just something that made me think about the players Derby have let go in the past and was thinking about how many you would have back currently - not for the ability they HAD, but if we was making a legitimate transfer tomorrow. Clough has already beat us to this game, and re-signed Lee Grant.

Lee Grant - re-signed
Lee Camp - out of contract, championship level keeper.

Tom Huddlestone - injury prone, established premier league midfielder
Leon Osman - premier league midfielder
Mounir El Hamdaoui - eredivisie slayer, currently at fiorentina
Peter Whittingham - Mr. Cardiff himself.
Johnnie Jackson - Charlton key player
Dexter Blackstock - before this season was a dependable goalscorer.
Danny Graham - established premier league player.
David Jones - released by wigan upon their come down.
Tyrone Mears - injury prone, number one right back at bolton
Kenny Miller - tearing up MLS
Kris Commons - Tearing up SPL
Steve Davies - scores a goal every minute. 
James Tomkins - First team premier league player
Barry Bannan - squad premier league player.
Nacer Barazite - plays for the best team in austria

Paul Green - unassuming championship midfielder
Dean Moxey - apparently will be a premier league player next season
James Vaughan - due to come back off his honeymoon sometime in 2015
DJ Campbell - known scorer of goals
Gilles Sunu - plays in the top division in france
Daniel Ayala - squad player in premier league, loaned to gumps
Luke Varney - still poncing around doing nothing for another team in white.
Alberto Bueno - playing in la liga, not very prolific. 
Brad Jones - just signed new contract at liverpool due to good performances
Luke Moore - squad player in an established premier league squad.

I think would all be able to get in and around the squad, but how many of them would you want back tomorrow, my top 5 would be; Osman, Huddlestone, Tomkins, Whittingham and El Hamdaoui (suppose most peoples will) 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***** at Notts County and Colchester. One swallow and all that.

12 goals last season, 13 goals the year before that and 15 the year before that.

Finishing top 2 of their top goalscorers in all 3 of his full years at Charlton. 

12 goals last season, 13 goals the year before that and 15 the year before that.

Finishing top 2 of their top goalscorers in all 3 of his full years at Charlton. 

2 of which in the league below.

2 of which in the league below.

I said he was a key player for Charlton, which he is :lol: - since signing he has been a consistent goalscorer for them, regardless of league. I didn't mean that I thought he was a key player in the division - although he was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the division, joint second with Chris Eagles (both 12) behind Tom Ince (18) 

Speaking of ex-players, I see Sunderland are being linked with a £5m bid for Huddlestone, which goes back to that old question of would we get anything?!

The deal the 3 amigos made on this one would lead me to say... absolutely not.

bit harsh. Considering Lambert and Holt were previously in the league below. He's proven capable at this level, Captaining Charlton to a top ten finish, above Derby.

He wouldn't get a sniff at our team.

He wouldn't get a sniff at our team.

subjective, maybe not. But he wouldn't look out of place on our left side now. But such is Clough's tendency to pick either the constantly unfit Ward (out of natural position) or the out of position Bryson or Hughes, yeah, he might not get a sniff. He should though.

What about Bywater? Pearson? Fagan? Teale? Porter? Maguire? Croft? Ryan Smith? Stead? Lupoli? McEveley? Connolly? Leacock?

would you have any of them back?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, possibly (only because he made me £125), no, no, no

Of the players on that initial list who are actually feasible (ruling out the likes of Osman and Huddlestone who you'd OBVIOUSLY have back) i'd take Danny Ayala and Davey Jones... We're after a CB and Ayala always looked a class act... and despite all our midfield options Jones is a Premier League quality midfielder so would def take him back... And apparantly was playing at LM for Blackburn last season...

Archived