Marriage and Children

PrivateDerby

marriage.  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you ever lost?

Because that's the easiest statement in the world to make for someone who hasn't lost someone

I used to hear it all the time, but the only people who ever said it are the happy ones with nice families.. I never used to hear it off the 3 time divorced hairdresser who simply kept going out with guys that cheated on her..

I have, twice in my life, and it is still absolutely better than to have never loved at all.  For me, love is the point of living, without it there's nothing.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Private, it will happen probably when you least expect it to, if you are looking for a woman and are going into the relationship thinking is she worth settling down with, you will pick up on every fault and she will annoy the hell out of you!!

I was 19 when I met my Mrs, 27 now. We have been married for 5 years in August. We have 2 future rams players :lol: and I wouldn't swap them for anything, even when they are annoying me :)

I was best man at a wedding on Saturday and I finished my speech with the best advice I could think of, 'what is yours is hers and what is hers is hers' also 'be prepared to compromise as she won't' :lol:

I think that's what's happening mate, the most recent ones have all been pretty but made my toes curl. Think i'm just gonna play it cool for a bit, all the good ones will come flocking then....

Here's hoping eh? FFS just make sure they're centre forwards!

I think that's what's happening mate, the most recent ones have all been pretty but made my toes curl. Think i'm just gonna play it cool for a bit, all the good ones will come flocking then....

Here's hoping eh? FFS just make sure they're centre forwards!

you will have to get a stick to beat them away!!!

Was thinking CB and Striker and be be the backbone of the team for years :lol:

Just wanted to explain my vote, although it's probably quite obvious.

Ya may as well play the field, meet different people but don't make any rash decisions about settling down with them or getting into a serious relationship. It's best to get to know people properly first, before you make those commitments.

Took me 8 years to realise my girlfriend was the right woman for me and here we are now, living together and planning a family in the near future, looking into adoption as well. (I'm no jaffa, we just want to give a kid a decent opportunity with us)

Things can take time, that's all. No need to put a date on it.

Marriage is really a pretty minor decision. Although everyone hopes that it is for life, in reality, you can always change your mind and get out. OK, so there'll be some emotional turmoil, but surely only the same as getting out of any long term relationship.

The enormous, life-changing, monumental, Mount Everest sized decision is having kids. They change your life in ways you wouldn't believe possible. As a parent, you're every decision is taken with them in mind. You can't ever just walk away from the relationship with your children. If you have children you are also bound for life to their mum - even if you split with your wife/partner, you will have to remain in contact to some extent due to the kids.

So my advice is don't worry about getting married. If it ever feels right just do it. Do, however, take your time over the decision to reproduce - although try not to leave it too late as conceiving gets harder with age and being an 'older' parent can be pretty challenging.

my biggest fear in live would be my little man calling somebody else dad, 

Already told my missus ill kill her if we break up before he is 18 haha,

in hindsight probs wasnt the best thing to say, 

Life/ Marriage and kids are hard, I havent taken the plunge yet and have been with my missus for 6 years every year she gets keen on the idea a bit of jewellery or a handbag keeps the issue quite!!

Just wanted to explain my vote, although it's probably quite obvious.

Ya may as well play the field, meet different people but don't make any rash decisions about settling down with them or getting into a serious relationship. It's best to get to know people properly first, before you make those commitments.

Took me 8 years to realise my girlfriend was the right woman for me and here we are now, living together and planning a family in the near future, looking into adoption as well. (I'm no jaffa, we just want to give a kid a decent opportunity with us)

Things can take time, that's all. No need to put a date on it.

Is a rash decision one where you are torn between penicillin and cephalosporins?

I've been with my missus 6 years I think. We love each other very much and that's why we both try to make her happy

I love shopping and Coronation Street. X Factor is a real gripping program too. I love it that I can't play my Xbox until late at night and how I get occasional pocket money at the age of 27.

Imagine if I was alone. If I didn't have to delete my browsing history. If I could do what I like, you know, like a responsible adult. If I didn't look forward to days off work like a kid before Christmas so I can sit at home alone in my underpants watching violent movies. That would suck.

I think having a partner is brilliant. You have that special connection. People are built to seek out their soul mate.

Why would anyone want to be alone. Or in the pub having fun?

Archived