TV Shows to Watch Before You Die

cannable

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos and House of Cards are three shows that have been recommended to pretty relentlessly by friends and seem to feature on quite a few lists on here.
For the people who've seen them, what order would you rank them in? I have to make a decision on which one to start watching next (I'm almost done with Breaking Bad at the moment)

Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos and House of Cards are three shows that have been recommended to pretty relentlessly by friends and seem to feature on quite a few lists on here.

For the people who've seen them, what order would you rank them in? I have to make a decision on which one to start watching next (I'm almost done with Breaking Bad at the moment)

Never seen House of Cards, but Sopranos is better than Boardwalk, although both are absolute quality. You cant judge Boardwalk fully as well cos it's still ongoing. You dont realise how good Sopranos is until it's over. 

If I was going to watch one right now, I'd probably try and catch up with Boardwalk (in season 4 now) so then you can watch it as it happens and not risk reading about endings etc. 

The Royle family.....the best ever.

Phoenix nights.....I'm getting the word........

The Wire

The Soprannos

Sons of Anarchy

Homeland (the first series only)

The Following (until it got stupid)

Heroes

2 bad girls

Friends

Scrubs

house of cards

dexter (series one only)

the Office...the US version is also fantastic....maybe even better actually

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I watched ALL of the Sopranos in August (had 3 week works shutdown) and have to admit that although there were some dull parts in stages, the ending blew me away, and I often think about it. It was very poignant and an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, and even 5 months after watching it end, I still have so many questions.

I'm currently in the middle of an intense session of Boardwalk Empire. Watched Season 1 and all but 1 episode of season 2 in the last week. Whilst it's not as hard-hitting as Sopranos, it's very clever, well-written, well acted and the production is better than anything I can think of. Ultimately, due to originality, Sopranos will edge it, but both are excellent in my opinion.

Watched Lillyhammer, simply because the main actor was Silv from Sopranos.

Hahahahaha, worth watching for comedy value!

Weird aint it, love syl so had to watch it. Wasnt THAT bad.

If I didnt have the attachment to Steven Van Zandt I'd probably think it was dog ****. 

Weird aint it, love syl so had to watch it. Wasnt THAT bad.

If I didnt have the attachment to Steven Van Zandt I'd probably think it was dog ****. 

Some of it had me howling. The way that employment bloke laughed genuinely scared me!

Some of the cameos were impressive, but the storylines really daft on the whole. That new police controller was fit though!

I liked the references to the Sopranos, even listening to the theme tune in the car!!!

Archived