How do you spend your hard earned money?

Smyth_18

Same sort of stuff as me mate... just bought a nos pair of samoa's in tan/brow/gum, got anything good? In a size 8? :lol:  Lad in the pub has just bought the backlit mirror that's on the cover of Definitely Maybe, looks soooo smart in his flat apartment.

B)

Londons, Malmos, and Handball 5 plugs. 3 pairs of Clark Originals, 3 pairs of Superga's, and a solitary pair of Nike Pre Montreals at the moment for moi. All in size 10/11 i'm afraid.

No matter what certain elder figures in my life may say, spending your hard earned on immaterial items is dead good. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)

Londons, Malmos, and Handball 5 plugs. 3 pairs of Clark Originals, 3 pairs of Superga's, and a solitary pair of Nike Pre Montreals at the moment for moi. All in size 10/11 i'm afraid.

No matter what certain elder figures in my life may say, spending your hard earned on immaterial items is dead good. 

Nice! Struggling to find a nice pair of wallabees... I see they've bought out super keglers again, ***** colourways though. Nah go for it mate, build up a good wardrobe you've always got it then.

Now, i know it is good to save money but i'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I would like to treat myself sometimes but i just don't know what i want!

I only spend my money on (apart from a few bills) music and going out for meals.

I run a lot so that isn't costing me any money, i'm not into gaming or drinking too much.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I could buy which i could enjoy? (preferably legal.)

And what do you all like to spend your money on for your own enjoyment?

21 years old, if you've passed your driving test, the next thing is travel mate. People have said it on here already. I didn't leave England until I was 27 and I cannot explain just how much an impact seeing different places, even the ones that are full of tourists, had on me.

I spend my whole year daydreaming about being in my favourite place, which is Stalis in Crete. But I also managed to get 2 trips to Prague and a trip to the Costa Blanca for long weekends in  recently.

People like different things, but until I went abroad, I never knew it was my favourite thing.

21 years old, if you've passed your driving test, the next thing is travel mate. People have said it on here already. I didn't leave England until I was 27 and I cannot explain just how much an impact seeing different places, even the ones that are full of tourists, had on me.

I spend my whole year daydreaming about being in my favourite place, which is Stalis in Crete. But I also managed to get 2 trips to Prague and a trip to the Costa Blanca for long weekends in  recently.

People like different things, but until I went abroad, I never knew it was my favourite thing.

Agree with this..

Travel.

Even if it's in England... Go away to the coast or to places you've never seen before. I had a mate that lived over in Fakenham (near Norwich) and any chance I had I just went over there for a couple of days and we'd just go down to the beach with his brothers..

From April to July I went over there like every 2 or 3 weeks for a couple of days..

If you are 21 and having to think about it your doing something wrong.

When I was that age nothing was planned, no money was saved, and I went where I wanted when I wanted, amesterdam, Spain, LA, Vegas or even Blackpool.

It's ok saving for travel, but I could never sacrifice a night out to save some money, I doubt ther was many a weekend all them days ago we weren't out somewhere, thank goodness for loans, and PPI which mean I can eat now, and enjoy spending my money on the kids :-)

Nice! Struggling to find a nice pair of wallabees... I see they've bought out super keglers again, ***** colourways though. Nah go for it mate, build up a good wardrobe you've always got it then.

I'm hoping by the time i get from my travels a pair of Clark Wallabees will be in the sales somewhere, lovely shoe. What's your opinion on the Tech Supers ? i can't decide if there a classic or scouse-chic. 

In answer to the original question; you have some very good advice on here. If you only half fancy doing something just do it, no harm will come of it. 

I'm hoping by the time i get from my travels a pair of Clark Wallabees will be in the sales somewhere, lovely shoe. What's your opinion on the Tech Supers ? i can't decide if there a classic or scouse-chic.

They were pretty much top end in the late 80s so are classics now to a lot of people but yeah "nice traineeeeeees mate" as the scouse lads used to say, before they offered you 25 quid :lol:  

No need to waste money on travel when you have Google Earth and images, buy a fully spec iMac 27" screen, nice big desk and comfy chair. Not only can you see all the places around the world in one night but you can look at after, plenty of decent virus free sites now.

Saw an original pair of Michael Jordan Nikes sell for 400 dollars in their original box and 22 other genuine pairs go for over 4,000.

Funny how the guy had 23 pairs, seeing as though that was Jordans number. They were found in a storage unit, bought for about 500 dollars. Not a bad profit really!

Wow! I'm amazed that's only just been suggested..

T'was only the other day I had to report some of 'their' false advertising to the police.

Standards have dropped. It's not like it used to be. Prostitution just isn't as honest as it used to be..

T'was only the other day I had to report some of 'their' false advertising to the police.

Standards have dropped. It's not like it used to be. Prostitution just isn't as honest as it used to be..

Filth.

This may sound a bit morbid but I'm 30 this year and throughout my 20's bought what I wanted, when I wanted. I recently lost my grandad, the first person close to me that I've lost and it has changed my outlook. I must've had 20 different phones, 5 different consoles, 4 cars, 2 pairs of Oakleys, 3 G-Shocks, a £1500 tv and over 250 dvd's but when I was asked by mum what I wanted for my 30th, I didn't want anything anymore. I wanted memories. They are the only thing that stay with you. My trip to Canada, Going with my grandad on a trip to where he grew up, staying in great hotels...they are the things that I look back on, not the dvd's that I Music Magpied. Not the tv that went to the dump when it broke.

If I were you, I'd travel. I'd see things with people that matter.

I've not been to Pride Park since losing my grandad (Derby fan for 70 years and took me to my first game) and it's going to be a massive thing to go but hopefully being able to take my son and making it a day he'll remember will make it easier.

I hope that reads ok, as you can hopefully tell, I'm quite passionate about things and when the old soap box comes out, I give it a damn good standing on.

Archived