The last transfer you were genuinely excited about

RamUpNorth

With all the hype surrounding Johnny Russell it seems like this transfer has got Rams fans genuinely excited, which makes a refreshing change from the usual "Who?" or "Why?"

So which player were you last excited to see pull on the shirt for the first time?

For me it was Rob Earnshaw, but hindsight has a funny way of making you think.

I also hope this isn't an omen for our Johnny...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've almost forgotten his name, he was such a waste for us. He was a young winger who Billy Davies signed from Arsenal, he'd been at loan on Leicester the season before and looked a REAL talent. Ryan...Smith?

Real ***** attitude thinking he was a player before he had kicked a ball in the game. Where is he now eh?

Also thought Jewell signing Ellington was going to be a master-stroke. After the event, having seen them play, I thought Steve Davies, James Bailey and Craig Bryson were exciting signings, but at the time I was a bit "meh..."

I've almost forgotten his name, he was such a waste for us. He was a young winger who Billy Davies signed from Arsenal, he'd been at loan on Leicester the season before and looked a REAL talent. Ryan...Smith?

Real ***** attitude thinking he was a player before he had kicked a ball in the game. Where is he now eh?

Also thought Jewell signing Ellington was going to be a master-stroke. After the event, having seen them play, I thought Steve Davies, James Bailey and Craig Bryson were exciting signings, but at the time I was a bit "meh..."

Were you on drugs?

Sadly there's not really one that stands out to me!

As a club that's not looked up for a fair while, most signings were players that I hadn't heard too much of.

I'm usually just glad to see the money put down and the faith a manager puts in a signing through the amount spent, Howard, Hulse and Earnshaw were the ones I was pleased about at the time because of the money spent and Earnshaws previous with WBA.

Most of the time we spend pennies on players who mostly come good, but putting little bits of money here and there is a bit low risk as a manager I feel.

When the signing of Russell is officially announced I'll be very pleased as he's just come off the back of a good season (albeit in the SPL).

Last time i really got excited by a signing would be ... Dean Saunders and before that the Tin Man unless Ted came in before Deano, I can't remember it all seems like a distant dream now in a time and a land forgotten

More recently i have to say though i got pretty revved up with Sammon joining us - probably best to not get excited eh?

To be fair, I do remember Billy Bullsh*t bigging up Ryan Smith.

I remember being really pleased when we got him... likewise Claude Davis, as he was always amazing when we played Preston.

Archived