Transfer Rumours - Summer 2013

SuperSheep

Still makes me laugh

Liverpool have signed striker Andy Carroll from Newcastle for a club record fee of about £35m.

"Andy Carroll has completed his move from Newcastle to Liverpool and has signed a five-and-a-half-year-deal," read a Liverpool statement.

The 22-year-old will wear the number nine shirt vacated by Fernando Torres, who has sealed his move to Chelsea.

Carroll has scored 11 goals in 19 league games this season and made his full England debut in November.

Newcastle confirmed that Carroll's transfer request was "reluctantly accepted" on Monday afternoon, and his move was finalised shortly before the transfer deadline (2300 GMT).

Liverpool have also signed Ajax striker Luis Suarez for a £22.7m fee, but recouped about £50m of their transfer-day spending by selling Fernando Torres to Chelsea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9382215.stm

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should think it was intended as a release clause but maybe the wording isn't quite what it should be.

But the player is a dog, he doesn't want to stay, and they almost double their money........

I think your right there, he has asked to speak to Arsenal as he believes this is what the clause means.

This Suarez thing is going to get even messier then. With Arsenal seemingly missing out on Higuain (joining Napoli today), they're stepping it up to sign Suarez, as there's not many big name forwards left. If he leaves, Rooney will probably go to Chelsea (which I'm guessing will only happen if Man Utd sign Fabregas). They're probably also hoping Real Madrid sign Bale, which would probably rule them out from signing Suarez (as well as their local rivals losing their current club icon player).

Suarez and his agent should have just stated (behind closed doors) that they want to be playing CL football, instead of this silliness through radio stations and other media outlets. I'm sure Liverpool ideally want Real Madrid to enter the fray and bid a similar amount, as they don't really want to sell to a league club rival....if the clause is in the clubs favour, then they can reject Arsenal and if RM (or Bayern who I think would be a good fit for the player) don't bid, they'll have to hope Suarez accepts this and contributes towards an improved season.

PL top 5 are looking strong this year.

Utd- Fabregas supposedly coming (would be surprised if he didn't), which is just adding to an already strong team

City- Negredo, Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Jovetic.

Chelsea- return of Mourinho, Rooney (?), by any means will add a big name striker by the end of the window. Also added Van Ginkel and Schurrle.

Spurs- Chadli and in for Soldado. Expect them to add a big name striker. Whether they lose Bale or not we'll see, reports in Spain saying he's agreed a deal. Even if they do lose him they'll have over 50 million to blow on players.

Arsenal- Adding Suarez? Yet to spend properly, could end up with the usual Wenger shambles.

All much stronger than last year, interesting title race and battle for top 4.

according to The Sun..

Spurs have rejected a £81m bid from Madrid for Bale, and Bale has told Spurs he wants to leave.

That's got to be a lie. Bale? £81m?!?!

£81m!

Honestly, if you had £81m to spend and you knew you Messi/Ronaldo/Iniesta would sign for you then would you buy one of them? One of the 3 most proven best players of an entire generation?

I wouldn't.

£81m. What could Bale possibly give Real Madrid that would justify that?

A league title? The Champions League? I doubt they are £81m away from winning either.

Italian clubs are skint. You could get the best Serie A players for that. Probably 10 of them!!!

Please be a lie.

Oh and if Spurs think Bale will give them a better future than £81m...

The Sun is full of *****. I bet this is as accurate as Bale joining Barca for £50m last summer and Pep joining Chelsea.

Spurs are dumb if they reject that sort of money.

That could buy you a proven world class striker, something which is holding them back having only got Defoe and Adebayor on the books. Why not sell Bale for 80 mill n' buy Lewandroski and Di Marie? Could even buy Rooney...

Hardly making the squad weaker.

Bale wouldn't even be a regular for Real Madrid

They've got better players in Ronaldo, Ozil and Di Maria.. Not to mention they've got Kaka and Isco who can also play the attacking trio role..

One rumour is that Di Maria will be part of the exchange going the other way!!

I don't know if they expect anyone to believe what they write or if they don't care.

Archived