Cost of Crystal Palace starting 11

McMuffin

Forum Rules

2) No Racism, intolerance or comments suggesting child abuse. We will enforce this strictly - any racism/bigotry will result in an immediate banning.

3) No Trolling - A troll is a person who intentionally attempts to disrupt, cause controversy, incite an argument, and/or receive negative attention by deliberately posting provocative content.

7) Personal insults towards members and/or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Keep your discussions free from insults and personal jibes.

8) Do not make any unsupported, libellous accusations.

Others have likely decided that you haven't broken any rules.

Personally, I'm of the opinion you break rule number 3 and rule number 7 with almost every word you type.

I don't see how anyone can get warned or banned for responding to your tripe.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tripe? Because you don't agree with what I say, it's tripe.

What a pathetic, & hypocritical post.

Bring back the days of the DET forum. This ones embarrassing.

Bye.

(cue applause from keyboard warriors)

Good riddance, you bloody pathetic drama queen.

I'm not comparing him to Clough - not interested, but I think he's over-rated as a manager

Palace were in the automatic spots when he took over and they were flying under Freedman (witness the trouncing we got at Selhurst Park)

Holloway changed their style completely and nearly blew it - the form table for the last 8 matches of the season had them in 21st position. They only just scraped the play-offs in the end

And as I keep pointing out, he got Leicester relegated, so he's not exactly consistent

He might be over-rated.. (Depending on the level of which people rate him)

But I'm not really sure why people dig up his relegation.. The majority of the managers have had a bad patch somewhere.. If they haven't, then they should be managing a top 3 club in their repsective country..

Brendan Rodgers would have gotten Reading relegated had they not sacked him..

The point is, any chairman up and down the country will always go for a manager who has won a few promotions rather than one who has constantly finished away from the relegation zone but no higher than 10th..

Just like if you were to pick a winner in the horses or a golf tournament or a snooker tournament.. You'd surely pick one that has won a few and also dropped out at the first hurdle on another rather than one that has constantly finished around the middle of the pack and shown no sign of winning..

Nadal dropped out of the second round at Wimbledon last year.. Yet he's won a few too.. I'd fancy him for this year rather than Thomas Berdych who has consistantly made the last 16 or quarter finals yet hasn't been close to winning it..

this has got a bit out of hand, and I don't understand how people can be so offended and then turn around to be so offensive!

As for the Zaha argument, absolutely ridiculous. The £15m he's supposedly worth is subjective. There's no way he's actually worth that much. Similarly, Jordan Rhodes isn't worth £8m. But there is no comparison.

TWO good managers have done better with average resources than Clough has done here at Derby, there's no argument. That's not necessarily an insult or criticism of Clough as much as it is a compliment to the abilities of Holloway and Freedman.

If this was about Holloway it would be on Football Talk, however this is on Rams Talk and is aiming at Clough and his supporters.

As a newbie you'll have to put that down to inexperience in creating the topic.

Interesting that you say Clough and his supports rather than Derby and there supporters though.

I only say that because the way you say that sounds like its a direct dig at Clough but it was more about using Palaces achievements as a yard stick for what could be realised here.

After reflecting I realise that's maybe how it sounds.

Some people like Clough, some don't but when one try's to make a point even when it's not always about him he always gets brought into debate. Why is that?

why is that?

Because if you'd been on the forum a bit longer you'd have seen loads of convoluted Clough bashing and it gets tedious. No dig at you but many posters are getting tetchy with it.

why is that?

Because if you'd been on the forum a bit longer you'd have seen loads of convoluted Clough bashing and it gets tedious. No dig at you but many posters are getting tetchy with it.

Well, it seems that some people don't respect that other people have 'genuine' doubts about Clough. This itself leads to people over-egging their opinions.

Well, it seems that some people don't respect that other people have 'genuine' doubts about Clough. This itself leads to people over-egging their opinions.

Overegging opinions is one thing - name calling and using phrases people find offensive is another.

Tripe? Because you don't agree with what I say, it's tripe.

What a pathetic, & hypocritical post.

Bring back the days of the DET forum. This ones embarrassing.

Bye.

(cue applause from keyboard warriors)

na na na na.........Na na na na........hey hey hey......Good bye.

Oh behave! People WANT to be offended so they can have an excuse to dislike someone even more. 

Who one earth ever 'dislikes' someone over the internet? You're not real people.

Archived