Cost of Crystal Palace starting 11

McMuffin

Who said it was a Clough out thread?Actually Clough was hardly mentioned at the start.It was the Clough

groupies like you who suddenly realised that Hollos success reflected badly on your hero and you all

felt you had to defend him and as usual got nasty.

I was chatting to Curtains about our academy, never mentioned Holloway at all, if anything we were a bit off topic. If you read the posts Curtains agreed with the point I was making to some extent.

If its important to you, I'm pleased for Holloway, got no probs with him whatsoever.

Where's all this "clough groupie" ***** coming from anyway? Is this what we've come down to now, having to be 100% against or 100% behind him?

The "clough out" saying is a standing joke on this forum

Lighten up.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was chatting to Curtains about our academy, never mentioned Holloway at all, if anything we were a bit off topic. If you read the posts Curtains agreed with the point I was making to some extent.

If its important to you, I'm pleased for Holloway, got no probs with him whatsoever.

Where's all this "clough groupie" ***** coming from anyway? Is this what we've come down to now, having to be 100% against or 100% behind him?

The "clough out" saying is a standing joke on this forum

Lighten up.

Bloody (Forest?) troll turned up again, I see.

I won't give the "boy" comment the time of the day.

Maybe I should just stop answering peoples questions.

It seems that when I answer what they ask they then try to pick a row.

I like Holloway as a manager, but it's not me who's out to try and force home a ridiculous point. You'll find any angle you want to argue.

Will you answer the question I asked you? Would Holloway have got them promoted without 15m Zaha's influence and how many other clubs apart from Watford and maybe Hull had loan players to the value of 15m?

Fairly hefty advantage that.

Probably not, but they said they wouldnt sell him without the loan back deal.

So if Man Utd had said no, then he wouldnt have been sold, and the outcome would have still been the same, except he would have been sold this summer.  Therefore it was a great bit of business from Holloway, he touted him up for the months running up to the transfer window, got a great price for him, and kept him for the rest of the season.

Im not sure why it is a hefty advantage though,  he was their player at the start of the season, and they made sure he was until the end of it.

Probably not, but they said they wouldnt sell him without the loan back deal.

So if Man Utd had said no, then he wouldnt have been sold, and the outcome would have still been the same, except he would have been sold this summer.  Therefore it was a great bit of business from Holloway, he touted him up for the months running up to the transfer window, got a great price for him, and kept him for the rest of the season.

Im not sure why it is a hefty advantage though,  he was their player at the start of the season, and they made sure he was until the end of it.

That;'s the answer I was looking for. The rest of it is irrelevant.

I'll leave it to others to twist it so that it means I don't like holloway or I'm blindly groupying Clough.

I'm not making comments on the validity or sensibleness of the deal. I was just answering his question about who they had on loan. Since then there's a lot of back tracking going on. He was on loan but he was their player anyway? B*llocks

Louis Zaha was on LOAN to Crystal Palace having been sold to Manchester Unitedin January, he's no longer their player, they borrowed him back. He played a central role in getting them up WHILE ON LOAN.

How is that not advatageous?

Your one happy chappie are you.

Nice

I can either report the post like a coward and hope that Admin do somenthing about it.

Or I can tell you exaclty what I think of it. Then we can chat.

The thread took a surprising clough bashing turn around post number 3 from jimboram, in fact every post he wrote had a surprising clough bashing angle.

You turned it into a "them and us" thread with your last comment on page one.

Some people biting? I didn't see anyone bite. I saw them answer your post.

Don't hide behind cowardice McMuffin.

If you've got a point to make make it, instead of planting a seed and waiting to see if it blows up.

I'm very happy by the way, but then again I don't go round trying to pick fights in everything I write.

instead of trying to be a WUM how about you answer my question.

It was meant to show that promotion can be achieved by only spending a modest sum of money.

Sammon & Keogh cost more than Holloways whole team.

But then it turned into a Clough in/out whatever debate by a few.

And Zaha didn't single handedly get palace up by the way.

Infact bar the last 2 playoff matches he wasn't on very good form at all since January.

I know this as I know a Palace fan

That;'s the answer I was looking for. The rest of it is irrelevant.

I'll leave it to others to twist it so that it means I don't like holloway or I'm blindly groupying Clough.

I'm not making comments on the validity or sensibleness of the deal. I was just answering his question about who they had on loan. Since then there's a lot of back tracking going on. He was on loan but he was their player anyway? B*llocks

Louis Zaha was on LOAN to Crystal Palace having been sold to Manchester Unitedin January, he's no longer their player, they borrowed him back. He played a central role in getting them up WHILE ON LOAN.

How is that not advatageous?

Glad I answered it for you, Im not sure what your point is though I must admit, when palace started the season Zaha was their player, when he finished the season he was still in their shirt, which was always the plan.

If you are saying it was an advantage because they bulit a team around him then fair enough, or that their coaches have made him the player he is now, then once again fair enough, but I dont get the big advantage, just because he is a good player ? 

Had they decided to spend the 15m on other players and he had left Im pretty sure they would have got promoted to, but everyone can loan players, so whats the big advantage ?

Glad I answered it for you, Im not sure what your point is though I must admit, when palace started the season Zaha was their player, when he finished the season he was still in their shirt, which was always the plan.

If you are saying it was an advantage because they bulit a team around him then fair enough, or that their coaches have made him the player he is now, then once again fair enough, but I dont get the big advantage, just because he is a good player ?

Had they decided to spend the 15m on other players and he had left Im pretty sure they would have got promoted to, but everyone can loan players, so whats the big advantage ?

The exact same thing could very well happen with Will Hughes and us.

Pressure will be on then to support those claims.

It was meant to show that promotion can be achieved by only spending a modest sum of money.

Infact bar the last 2 playoff matches he wasn't on very good form at all since January.

Never said zaha got them promoted but he certainly helped. It was murray having a fluke season that has done it for them. This entire thread probably would have never been written if murray had his usual goal return in a season. From what I've seen palace haven't been that good since holloway took over and will need to strengthen in about 9 positions to even think of staying up.

We have definetly missed out on promotion this year, however I don't think we'd have been prepared anyway. next year we wouldve improved and I think we stand more of a chance.

I don't think a top 6 finish is impossible, regardless of who is in charge.

Read the thread.

Tell me who it was that turned it into a debate about Clough.

Be honest.

If this was a genuine thread to celebrate holloways success why is it here and not in general football.

How much Palace or Holloway spent have got feck all to do with Derby County.

Never said zaha got them promoted but he certainly helped. It was murray having a fluke season that has done it for them. This entire thread probably would have never been written if murray had his usual goal return in a season. From what I've seen palace haven't been that good since holloway took over and will need to strengthen in about 9 positions to even think of staying up.

We have definetly missed out on promotion this year, however I don't think we'd have been prepared anyway. next year we wouldve improved and I think we stand more of a chance.

I don't think a top 6 finish is impossible, regardless of who is in charge.

Sorry the Zaha thing wasn't at you.

Someone else tried to make out that he got them promoted on his own.

Thinks its a bit harsh about Murray being flukey though he ripped us apart at selhurst park

And we loaned Martin & Forsyth?

Are loans not allowed then?

Maybe I misread your question, when I quoted it, I thought it was only one line and very easy to follow. I'm a bummer and a groupie though so maybe I was busy doing something else while I should have been reading more carefully.

I thought you asked Who Crystal Palace have had on loan. Did I get it wrong?

Find me the quote where you asked who we had loaned. If you asked I would have answered.

It was YOUR question, not mine.

Read the thread.

Tell me who it was that turned it into a debate about Clough.

Be honest.

If this was a genuine thread to celebrate holloways success why is it here and not in general football.

How much Palace or Holloway spent have got feck all to do with Derby County.

No but I thought it was a good way to measure what can be achieved and what we could replicate possibly.

There are similarities

-lowish budget

-academy players

-1 or 2 loans

Sorry the Zaha thing wasn't at you.

Someone else tried to make out that he got them promoted on his own.

Thinks its a bit harsh about Murray being flukey though he ripped us apart at selhurst park

Yes he did. He's had an amazing season, looking at previous history and now his injury suggests that this season will never happen again and he has overperformed this year.

Imagine if sammon scored 30+ goals next season, would you seriously think he's be able to get near that again?

Let's push it on a level McMuffin. You clearly know your stuff, you're very well educated on other teams.

Can you list for me those players that Holloway signed that got them promoted? Single handedly or not single handedly. How many players did Holloway sign that impacted the promotion push.

It's my day off and it's lovely out, so if you could do it sharpish it would be lovely. Seeing how you know Palace so well it shouldnt take you long.

Archived