Best Opposition Players this season.

Ambitious

Worth a thread surely - who were the best against us? 

My top boy has to be Martyn Waghorn at the crisp bowl, was outstanding - best opening 30 minutes i've seen by anyone at this level! 

At Pride Park, I don't recall any really stand outs - Burnley were good when they played us, Austin was dangerous and got a brace, Hull and Brighton were very defensive and quite dull in their play. 

Martyn Waghorn is the only stand out for me, really ripped us apart during the away day at Leicester! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam Bridcutt of Brighton. Controlled the midfield in each of the home and away games, we never really got a sniff in either match due to their defensive ability and he was the outstanding one for them sat in a defensive midfield position. This type of player goes unappreciated far too much.

Connor Sammon.

someone was always going to put it, no offence to anyone pls........

I would argue a few Peterborough fans would say he is one of the best they have seen this season!

and I would expect a few Leeds fans to say Hughes... 

Jara best opposition player for me this season. Winger that came on as sub for Birmingham impressed me too but forgot his name again.

Robert Hall? Think that's his first name?

On loan from WHU I think

Keepers, Speroni and Ikeme both have good games at Pride Park

Gorkks was decent for Wolves

Cresswell for Ipswich

Waghorn and Schlupp for Leicester

Scott Dann and Murphy for Blackburn

And who was the winger for Sheff Weds in first game of the season?

I had a little think about this, my team..

Speroni (palace)

Bridge (brighton)

Dann (blackburn)

Morgan (leicester)

Jara (scum)

Buckley (brighton)

Bridcutt (brighton)

Jedinak (palace)
Bolaise (palace)

Murray (palace)
Waghorn (leicester)

Palace, Brighton, Leicester and Blackburn consists of most of the team, that's for the 4-1 loss to leicester, 3-0 loss to palace, 0-0 draw with Brighton and 3-0 loss to blackburn - also Jara because the amount of **** he had to deal with that game, and Ward got tired was so commendable! 

I had a little think about this, my team..

Speroni (palace)

Bridge (brighton)

Dann (blackburn)

Morgan (leicester)

Jara (scum)

Buckley (brighton)

Bridcutt (brighton)

Jedinak (palace)

Bolaise (palace)

Murray (palace)

Waghorn (leicester)

Palace, Brighton, Leicester and Blackburn consists of most of the team, that's for the 4-1 loss to leicester, 3-0 loss to palace, 0-0 draw with Brighton and 3-0 loss to blackburn - also Jara because the amount of **** he had to deal with that game, and Ward got tired was so commendable! 

Buckley went off injured after half hour against us in the home game. He's a good player but dont remember anyone doing much in that game, very drab.

I liked Ravel Morrison for Birmingham. You can just tell after watching him for 5 minutes why he was so highly rated, he had that awareness that not many players at this level have got. Ability with the ball and looked to have a lot of attributes that would make a top central midfielder. 

Archived