Best Opposition Players this season.

Ambitious

Buckley went off injured after half hour against us in the home game. He's a good player but dont remember anyone doing much in that game, very drab.

I liked Ravel Morrison for Birmingham. You can just tell after watching him for 5 minutes why he was so highly rated, he had that awareness that not many players at this level have got. Ability with the ball and looked to have a lot of attributes that would make a top central midfielder. 

I know he went off injured but he was the only threat and looked incredibly sharp - after he went off, the game just died! he was the only player on the pitch capable of scoring, class apart! one of the best in the league easily for me. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speroni was top class for Palace and Bolasie caused us a couple of problems through being direct and powerful.
Anya impressed me for Watford, think he came off the bench in the game where we smashed them and looked their only positive player really.
Noone impressed me for Cardiff, he also came off the bench I think in the away game and pulled them back into it.
On the same sort of note, Hall was impressive when he came off the bench for Birmingham.

This made me realise how much I'd like us to have a really direct, attacking winger either to start or come off the bench. Ben Davies had a good impact off the bench in a few games this year but I think we're lacking a real runner

please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah

Actually, talking of direct, fast wingers, I was very surprised to see how well Carayol appeared to be doing for Boro last season - we were strongly linked with him (went with Jacobs) but I thought he'd struggle.

Speroni was top class for Palace and Bolasie caused us a couple of problems through being direct and powerful.

Anya impressed me for Watford, think he came off the bench in the game where we smashed them and looked their only positive player really.

Noone impressed me for Cardiff, he also came off the bench I think in the away game and pulled them back into it.

On the same sort of note, Hall was impressive when he came off the bench for Birmingham.

This made me realise how much I'd like us to have a really direct, attacking winger either to start or come off the bench. Ben Davies had a good impact off the bench in a few games this year but I think we're lacking a real runner

Surely that is the duty of Jacobs? I think he could be a dark horse for next season!

please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah please don't suggest Adomah

Actually, talking of direct, fast wingers, I was very surprised to see how well Carayol appeared to be doing for Boro last season - we were strongly linked with him (went with Jacobs) but I thought he'd struggle.

I completely agree about Adomah, I've heard from so many people that he's such a dangerous winger but every time I've seen him play he's been exceptionally poor.

Surely that is the duty of Jacobs? I think he could be a dark horse for next season!

Good point, I don't know why Jacobs always slips my mind. He made a decent impact on a couple of games this year and hopefully now with a year's experience he'll kick on and become a more consistent threat with a bit of extra confidence. 

I have a ***** memory but Bolasie destroyed us at PP.

Worst team we played was Blackpool. Baptiste was awful and I was completely underwhelmed by Ince.

Blackpool game was very odd - I remember them packing men behind the ball, and every time they touched the ball they only looked for Ince and Phillips who I thought both had a ridiculous hard job because they had to go past 3/4 men to even look half decent. 

Bolasie has been class this season - but if anyone can remember him at Bristol last season, he was shocking! 

That's why no matter who we sign I'll keep my mouth shut, and just watch - not a cat in hells chance did I expect him nor murray to get upto the level they have... 

Archived