actim index

http://actim.pressassociation.com/

Interesting list of best championship players - maybe a bit more relevant to our transfer targets than our usual FIFA comparison !

Wikipedia says index based on

• Calculation 1 – Assesses a player's contribution to a winning team, based on the points won by the team when he has appeared.
  • Calculation 2 – Assesses a player's performance in each game by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance, such as shots, tackles, clearances and saves. It also takes points away from players for negative actions such as yellow/red cards, and shots off target.
  • Calculation 3 – Allocates points based on time on the pitch.
  • Calculation 4 – Allocates points for goal scorers.
  • Calculation 5 – Allocates points for assists.
  • Calculation 6 – Allocates points for clean sheets.

Glenn Murphy, Tom Ince, Jordan Rhodes the leaders...

Richard Keogh in 24th. Paul Coutts in 44th. Jeff Hendrick 61st, Lee Grant 65th, Connor Salmon 69th, Alex Baptiste 73rd, Jamie Ward 94th and Craig Bryson 100th..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coutts...

Explanation to why the list is a load of old dooby

Coutts did have one of the higher assist totals in the Championship this season, shame about his drop-off in form.

Hopefully he can get going again next season.

Looking through these end of season stats, I see our fair play record was pretty decent this season. 

Nothing can be exact or give a full picture but stats are very useful in sport, although obviously many people tend to pick and choose the stats which fit the way they see things. It is difficult to remain consistent, when some stats state occurences you'd prefer to gloss over.

I don't think individual stats are important. at all. Football is a team game and as such the interaction between players, movement off the ball, confidence in your teammates is of greater importance (and almost impossible to quantify), than who's ran furthest or who's pass completion rate is better.

Cardiff players should be the top 17 or 18 on the list. They contributed to the best team performance over 46 games.

The way I looked at it there are 100 players on the list which (about) averages out at 4 players per club...

I think having 50% more players than average shows that we're not a team who relies on 1/2 players but a team where everyone chips in... Which I think is good...

...plus Grant's signed, and Baptiste and Vaughan are on the list too. Could be 9 of the list lining up next term

Significant? Probably not, but not completely meaningless either.

Archived