Those T-Shirts

rad1919

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guard of honour and this silly shaking hands before the match starts are not required at football

Play the game and shake hands afterwards

I think all that pre-kick off stuff should go - it kills the atmosphere. About three minutes before kick-off there's usually about twenty non-players still on the pitch.

IMO the immediate pre-match build up should go something like this.

14:50 the music stops (until at least half-time) and the PA announces the teams

14:52 The opposition run out

14:55 The Derby team runs out

14:57 The captains shake hands and toss a coin

15.00 Kick off

That way, the teams running out would act as a trigger for the fans to start singing/chanting. Separating the teams emergence allows partisan chanting to really get going. The opposition would start the ball rolling and it would be up to the home fans to drown them out. With kick-off only a few minutes later the noise should still be growing at kick-off time.

Any presentations, announcements (excepting urgent safety and essential ones of course) or sponsor stuff should be banned from within ten minutes of the kick-off. It's the 'match ball delivery' rubbish that kills the atmosphere.

Tight @rsed Yanks, the pillock that is Rammie waving a wafty flag around, ignorant tw@ts who have never heard of the words "Excuse me" when they want to pass me to get to their seats and the parents/grandparents who allow their children/grandchildren to constantly kick the back of my seat during the game, the crap music, the 'casuals' who attend matches and are totally clueless as to where their seats are due to the fact that their skills with numbers are zilch.

:angry: 

I think all that pre-kick off stuff should go - it kills the atmosphere. About three minutes before kick-off there's usually about twenty non-players still on the pitch.

IMO the immediate pre-match build up should go something like this.

14:50 the music stops (until at least half-time) and the PA announces the teams

14:52 The opposition run out

14:55 The Derby team runs out

14:57 The captains shake hands and toss a coin

15.00 Kick off

That way, the teams running out would act as a trigger for the fans to start singing/chanting. Separating the teams emergence allows partisan chanting to really get going. The opposition would start the ball rolling and it would be up to the home fans to drown them out. With kick-off only a few minutes later the noise should still be growing at kick-off time.

Any presentations, announcements (excepting urgent safety and essential ones of course) or sponsor stuff should be banned from within ten minutes of the kick-off. It's the 'match ball delivery' rubbish that kills the atmosphere.

best post award....especially the bloody music!!!!!

Fake Burberry you mean, the real stuff is still smart if worn in moderation...

There is always something so chavish I find about Burberry, be it fake or real......I agree fake Burberry is totally naff but real Burberry does have this chav aura about it....

I agree with the music being a negative.

Without wanting to sound old, bitter and twisted, it used to be so much better with Dambusters played when we came out of the tunnel and then nothing until half time.

My goal celebration is usually curtailed by some awful snippet of music which just raises my blood pressure and makes me annoyed.

Plus I don't need James Brown to tell me how I feel every time we win.

I love football and I love music but they do not belong together.

Everything Pride Park does when a ball isn't being kicked.

It's the perfect anti-traditional football fan arena.

Soon we'll all have a script to follow at set times.

I just hope they fit booing and checking the Chelsea score.

Come on East stand make some noise!

*JLS song plays louder than any noise ever*

Archived