Still banned from Blackpool! Derby fans be warned....

therams69

Hi all

Many of you will be aware of the troubles 16 other Derby fans and myself had on our last visit to Bloomfield Road in 2011. All isolated incidents might I add.

To quickly clarify for those unaware.

I was refused entry into the stadium for allegedly being drunk. Now those that know me are fully aware that this was not the case and I was not drunk. Yes of course I had been drinking like the majority of Derby fans had been. 1 steward, same steward who refused majority of other fans too, decided to pick on me. Bear in mind I had already passed 1 steward who had checked my ticket and no problems. I only approached this steward as I needed to speak to a supervisor regarding gaining entry into the ground with the flag. If I did not have the flag I would have been inside the stadium.

I left the stadium without any further contact with stewards or any police whatsoever. No details took from me etc

If we recall back to the time many fans came on here complaining, something we do not have when we travel with Derby.

Took the complaint directly to Blackpool, didnt want to know.

Took the complaint to the football league, didnt want to know.

Took the complaint to the IFO, football ombudsman, highest person you can complain to. They sided with the football club so pretty pointless and if they are going to just do that makes a mockery of them trying to solve football fans issues in my personal opinion.

Football Supporters Federation as always fully supportive and have backed me up since day 1.

So I lost the complaint. Nothing more I could do so just let it be despite me knowing myself it was all wrong.

6 months later I receive a random letter from their chairman advising me that I am now banned from Bloomfield Road and Blackpool FC for the immediate future.

Another fan who went to the IFO and myself were the only fans to have received this life ban.

Why?

Because we complained. So ive not actually been banned for allegedly being drunk but for actually complaining by means of letter.

Ive spoken to Sam Rush about this and he himself has called their chairman trying to get my ban overturned. I asked Sam because weve had a few meetings and got to know him etc.

So the highest person up in a football club calls up and says to the Blackpool chairman yeah I know Nick etc, had meetings with him etc, well known within our club, sorts the flag and was also awarded Championship Fan of the Year by the Football League.

All of the above obviously has still not persuaded Blackpool to change their mind!

Feel very unfairly treated here!

Absolutely disgusted with their actions.

So, Derby fans, be warned! If you do get in any trouble and you do complain expect a lifetime ban like me!

Not fair is it....

Flag believe it or not is allowed into the ground and will be surfed!

Of course I am still travelling up for the day and lets enjoy ourselves but please again do not let this club ruin our planned celebrations of the last away day.

Nick

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks Nick, bad luck.

Makes you wonder why nobody had a rethink, decided you weren't the devil incarnate, used their common sense, realised you obviously weren't too drunk and let you back in. I know you wouldn't have given him any verbals or anything like that, I really don't see what their problem was/is to make you banned altogether? If it is because you complained, that's patheticly churlish.

Blackpool OUT! I hope we muller you on Saturday.

And ya kit is stooopid by the way. :p

Hi all

Many of you will be aware of the troubles 16 other Derby fans and myself had on our last visit to Bloomfield Road in 2011. All isolated incidents might I add.

To quickly clarify for those unaware.

I was refused entry into the stadium for allegedly being drunk. Now those that know me are fully aware that this was not the case and I was not drunk. Yes of course I had been drinking like the majority of Derby fans had been. 1 steward, same steward who refused majority of other fans too, decided to pick on me. Bear in mind I had already passed 1 steward who had checked my ticket and no problems. I only approached this steward as I needed to speak to a supervisor regarding gaining entry into the ground with the flag. If I did not have the flag I would have been inside the stadium.

I left the stadium without any further contact with stewards or any police whatsoever. No details took from me etc

If we recall back to the time many fans came on here complaining, something we do not have when we travel with Derby.

Took the complaint directly to Blackpool, didnt want to know.

Took the complaint to the football league, didnt want to know.

Took the complaint to the IFO, football ombudsman, highest person you can complain to. They sided with the football club so pretty pointless and if they are going to just do that makes a mockery of them trying to solve football fans issues in my personal opinion.

Football Supporters Federation as always fully supportive and have backed me up since day 1.

So I lost the complaint. Nothing more I could do so just let it be despite me knowing myself it was all wrong.

6 months later I receive a random letter from their chairman advising me that I am now banned from Bloomfield Road and Blackpool FC for the immediate future.

Another fan who went to the IFO and myself were the only fans to have received this life ban.

Why?

Because we complained. So ive not actually been banned for allegedly being drunk but for actually complaining by means of letter.

Ive spoken to Sam Rush about this and he himself has called their chairman trying to get my ban overturned. I asked Sam because weve had a few meetings and got to know him etc.

So the highest person up in a football club calls up and says to the Blackpool chairman yeah I know Nick etc, had meetings with him etc, well known within our club, sorts the flag and was also awarded Championship Fan of the Year by the Football League.

All of the above obviously has still not persuaded Blackpool to change their mind!

Feel very unfairly treated here!

Absolutely disgusted with their actions.

So, Derby fans, be warned! If you do get in any trouble and you do complain expect a lifetime ban like me!

Not fair is it....

Flag believe it or not is allowed into the ground and will be surfed!

Of course I am still travelling up for the day and lets enjoy ourselves but please again do not let this club ruin our planned celebrations of the last away day.

Nick

I don't mean to be daft about it Nick but do they know you were on the shortlist for fan of the year? Didn't you win it for this division?

It would be pretty embarassing for blackpools PR people if they've banned the fan of the year, surely?

Good point Ronnie, somebody's going to look even more stoooopid. :lol:

Should start a chant about banning the Fan of The Year :D

start going to the newspapers and Sky, TalkSport etc...

Pretend you're gay and use the discrimination card.. lol

I remember talking to you that day, I thought you was driving like I was and not drinking. I remember Derby fans singing your name.

There was more trouble for people smoking near the toilets, even though it was outside.

I know some people that would burn the ground down for the treatment they received. Oyston comes from a er.. er...'interesting' family that aren't exactly 'squeaky clean'! This just stinks.

I don't mean to be daft about it Nick but do they know you were on the shortlist for fan of the year? Didn't you win it for this division?

It would be pretty embarassing for blackpools PR people if they've banned the fan of the year, surely?

They are fully aware of that mate. Won it for the Championship yes! With my photo all over the Football League website so not someone they dont know hey!

This my friend is Blackpool all over!

start going to the newspapers and Sky, TalkSport etc...

Pretend you're gay and use the discrimination card.. lol

I remember talking to you that day, I thought you was driving like I was and not drinking. I remember Derby fans singing your name.

There was more trouble for people smoking near the toilets, even though it was outside.

I know some people that would burn the ground down for the treatment they received. Oyston comes from a er.. er...'interesting' family that aren't exactly 'squeaky clean'! This just stinks.

Cheers Mostyn. Spoke to a few people already and things looking good from that point of view.

Yes exactly, amazing isnt it...... Not so squeeky at all!!!!!

If you are still in contention for the fan award,it may be advisable to knock any action on your behalf

on the head until after theawards are announced.It may count against you,these officials tend to stick

together until proved otherwise.We don't want you to lose out twice.

No all over with the fan award mate. The Exeter fan would overall fan of the year but I won Championship Fan of Year so dont worry.

But regardless of that, I would still be saying what I am now because its wrong and thats what I believe more in...

Nick, you should take this to EU. They have a department where you can complain about your rights being violated. Might get Blackpool famous for this decision. I'm sure they would be glad to explain this thing to sponsors.

Nick, you should take this to EU. They have a department where you can complain about your rights being violated. Might get Blackpool famous for this decision. I'm sure they would be glad to explain this thing to sponsors.

They'll only listen if your a terrorist awaiting depotation.

That's **** Nick, hope it gets sorted and quickly.

As much as I agree with you mate, no rights have been violated they just don't want Nick in the ground. It's like a bar owner telling a group of lads that they're not welcome, they don't need to have a reason other than they don't want them in. It should be sorted easily enough though and if not f*ck 'em, everyone should just sing nasty songs about Blackpool's chairman for 90 minutes.

Mess with one ram, you mess with us all  :lol:

Archived