FIFA 14

SuperSheep

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Need to figure out what's going on with the new consoles first... can't see much point buying it for a current gen one if I end up getting a next gen console a couple of months later, with a 'better' version of FIFA on that.

...but then next gen FIFA could be a right mess and people might say you're better sticking with the current gen one. I don't want to buy 2 versions of FIFA less than 6 months apart.

I just don't know!

Need to figure out what's going on with the new consoles first... can't see much point buying it for a current gen one if I end up getting a next gen console a couple of months later, with a 'better' version of FIFA on that.

...but then next gen FIFA could be a right mess and people might say you're better sticking with the current gen one. I don't want to buy 2 versions of FIFA less than 6 months apart.

I just don't know!

I've heard that games are going to be over £60 due to them changing the fact that you can lend games again due to the outcry of Xbox fans.

I've heard that games are going to be over £60 due to them changing the fact that you can lend games again due to the outcry of Xbox fans.

Aka ****** will buy it no matter what so they can charge what they want.

Only thing which seems to differ from the two is a 3d crowd.

The PS4/XBO versions will use the new 'ignite' engine.

The releases for PX/360/PS4 will continue to use the current engine

Here's some EA Sports propaganda on the supposed differences:

http://www.easports.com/ignite/article/ea-sports-ignite-engine

The more advanced 'decision making' AI and player movement COULD make a hell of a difference to how the game plays... which could of course go one way or the other. Could be that the 'ignite' versions turn out **** and we're all better off sticking to the current generation version... or it could work really well and we'd be missing out on a better game by buying the current version.

Too early to tell, but it promises more than just having better graphics.

They've also, though, been VERY unclear as to what 'improvements' will actually be in place on the current gen versions and which will be missing.

Fifa 14 will basically be Fifa 13 on the current generation of consoles, next gen Fifa's going to be brilliant though, looks like they're doing what they've wanted to for ages (in regards to player animations, crowds; stuff they couldn't do because of the current gens limits).

But **** that, I have a car to buy.

Got rid of both Xbox and PS3 few months ago, if Xbox drop all that kinect ****** and the price I may get one at some point. PS4 no chance with that controller.

Probably end up skipping 14 and getting 15 if I do.

Got rid of both Xbox and PS3 few months ago, if Xbox drop all that kinect ****** and the price I may get one at some point. PS4 no chance with that controller.

Probably end up skipping 14 and getting 15 if I do.

Apparently so...

Taken from the xbox site.

"BNxodaqCQAAnhTT" alt="BNxodaqCQAAnhTT">

Be a darling and copy paste.

you lazy bugger :D

Long story short, no more formation cards, players can be in any formation, New card design.

The new chemistry has a "loyalty bonus" which means if you pull a player out of a pack or a player plays more than ten games for you, you will get extra chemistry.

Managers now also have more of and effect on chemistry with there nation, league/club they manage.

Also a new background design and tab layout.

And most importantly single match's are back WITH matchmaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of nowhere Fifa 13 has been updated with Mason Bennett, has his picture and his name is commentated. Unfortunately anyone hoping he will be decent on 14 may be dissappinted if his inclusion in 13 is an indication as to how he will be rated on 14, he is very average, overall rated 61 two numbers greater than the mighty Conor Doyle

Archived