First pre-season game announced.....

admira

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DID YOU CRY AT WEMBLEY!! 

ahh, I think it's a good one - although, rubbing in wembley might be a tad ironic since the direction of both clubs since has been massively different.

I just ran out as soon as the whistle went. Horrible, wet, cold day.

I do believe Nigel Clough is on record as saying that he prefers to play teams from our own country during pre-season, as they offer up a challenge far more like that which we'll face during the season and that we might as well play someone we can have a competetive game with and who are in a similar stage of preparation, than play some random continental team who either come over and give us a spanking, or come over and half-arse the match because they're at an earlier stage of pre-season.

If we wanted to play Sampdoria, I'm sure would could.

Doubt it,

we couldn't attract Wizadora, let alone Sampdoria.

Boring! If no exciting friendlies, atleast a concert like the chili peppers again.

If you wanted exciting you wouldnt be supporting Derby.

I have no interest in the friendlies anyway. But a couple of years ago, they cancelled Fiorentina cos nobody bought tickets!

At least with West Brom, it give Clough the chance to make a friend/contact at a well run club and may even open the door to loan signings etc.

We're buying a cat?

No, it picks the targets that we are buying, how much we start the bids at and what we should go to. A similar way to paul the octopus with predicting the world cup scores.

Archived