now here's a manager doing well....

Mostyn6

So when we beat Middlesbrough in January and looked like we could be taking steps forward you wasn't excited?

Not a dig but the failure of the fans to get excited and behind the team contributes to the problem in my opinion.

I know its a cliche but DCFC never seem to have the 12th man that can sometimes make a difference anymore.

It didnt help us in the Premier League.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say our fan base for starters.

I was never a exponent of the theorem that because a club has a large fan base they have the divine right to be playing at a higher level, challenging for honours etc. The same goes for the historic stuff that if a club won a cup circa 1949 then they should be winning trophies week in week out. 

Its not just you - but its a good thing it stops misinformation or misrepresentation of opinions, assumptions, deductions as fact which leads to trouble and arguments

true, but I'm not sure that what I said to Sam Rush on the radio two months ago has got to do with Chris Powell doing a better job (or not) than Nigel Clough???

Well then give yourself more credit. You suggested you struggled with such things normally! Lol.

I meant finding archive material no longer available,not the time spent in doing so.Lo(even)l(er)

I meant finding archive material no longer available,not the time spent in doing so.Lo(even)l(er)

I'd like to be able to provide a date, but I cant. although with Rush being on, it shouldn't be too hard to find. I will add, I was talking for someone else who is a bit more shy than me too... I cannot remember which bit, but I spoke for a few minutes and made a few points, they stopped me from saying a few things, cannot remember what. I'll have to dig out the thread on here.

I'd like to be able to provide a date, but I cant. although with Rush being on, it shouldn't be too hard to find. I will add, I was talking for someone else who is a bit more shy than me too... I cannot remember which bit, but I spoke for a few minutes and made a few points, they stopped me from saying a few things, cannot remember what. I'll have to dig out the thread on here.

I found the podcast,it's just no longer available to play.I listened to the original broadcast live.As I can't replay it I can't back anything up,so I'll have to leave it.

I found the podcast,it's just no longer available to play.I listened to the original broadcast live.As I can't replay it I can't back anything up,so I'll have to leave it.

I recall having a dig at the board and not even mentioning Nigel, I said we seem to harbour the same problems from season to season, ie we ALWAYs need a left back, we ALWAYS need a centre back, We ALWAYS need a tough midfielder, then Davies jumped in and asked who I'd drop, but I didn't get to answer as Rush piped up saying he agreed that we need to address the situation etc.

I recall having a dig at the board and not even mentioning Nigel, I said we seem to harbour the same problems from season to season, ie we ALWAYs need a left back, we ALWAYS need a centre back, We ALWAYS need a tough midfielder, then Davies jumped in and asked who I'd drop, but I didn't get to answer as Rush piped up saying he agreed that we need to address the situation etc.

My ears told me you called for decent investment.I can't retrieve the audio so I can't back it up,so I'll have to drop it.The only reason I brought it up was because you'd suggested in a different thread that we could have had an extra 12-15 points with better management,that would have put us in the play offs (without decent investment).

My ears told me you called for decent investment.I can't retrieve the audio so I can't back it up,so I'll have to drop it.The only reason I brought it up was because you'd suggested in a different thread that we could have had an extra 12-15 points with better management,that would have put us in the play offs (without decent investment).

Oh perhaps I did, cos I said we wouldn't fluke promotion, which would mean that Clough hasnt the capability to get anything special out of what we've got. We have to buy promotion with him as manager. Even then I cannot see it happening.

Oh perhaps I did, cos I said we wouldn't fluke promotion, which would mean that Clough hasnt the capability to get anything special out of what we've got. We have to buy promotion with him as manager. Even then I cannot see it happening.

So are you saying that another manager should be able to get us promotion with the existing squad? Yes or no.

To be honest, asmuch as I want Clough gone.

He would walk into any League one side and anyone who believes he is no better than a league two manager is clearly being daft.

He just lacks a side who can put a consistent run of form together, unfortunately same can be said for over a dozen other sides in this league.

If he went, then the likes of Wassall would be gone and that alone would be a disaster for the academy and younger players.

Last chance salon next season for me, no excuses.

He would walk into any L1 side? On the basis of what exactly?

I mentioned in the other thread, owners of league clubs are after managers with promotion credentials, not stability credentials..

Put it this way..

If you were forced to bet on the grand national.. And you were forced to choose between 2 horses..

Horse number 1 has had two top 3 finishes and 3 non-finishes

Horse number 2 has completed all 5 grand nationals but has only ever finished as a middle-runner and nowhere near the front-runners

Which one do you go for and which one do you think is most likely to win you the prize?

Archived