now here's a manager doing well....

Mostyn6

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By that rationale then Clough has also achieved consolidation in the same league so should receive the same plaudits as Powell.

no, different thing. Consolidation comes after promotion. It's not an achievement to keep a side from back to back relegation.

I've got to admit, I'm impressed with Charlton's away record this season..

9 away win and a plus 8 GD.. The sort of record we know we'll never have under NC..

Sorting out your home form is far easier than sorting out your away form, so I'd imagine Charlton have some optimism that they're actually going places..

Nige has us sitting midtable in a mediocre league losing more games than he wins.. And people are content. I don't really understand why?

I can understand if we actually looked like we were going places.. But we don't.

Nige has us sitting midtable in a mediocre league losing more games than he wins.. And people are content. I don't really understand why?

I can understand if we actually looked like we were going places.. But we don't.

I'm not content, far from it. Am resigned to the fact that Clough is here for the long haul together with the the Yanks trying to get Derby into a position where they are just profitable then sell us on, may take 10 years, may take 20. And it fills me with deep joy.

I've got to admit, I'm impressed with Charlton's away record this season..

9 away win and a plus 8 GD.. The sort of record we know we'll never have under NC..

Sorting out your home form is far easier than sorting out your away form, so I'd imagine Charlton have some optimism that they're actually going places..

What is Charltons home form like then? It can't be good. The majority of fans watch the home games. It's important to get it right at home.

What is Charltons home form like then? It can't be good. The majority of fans watch the home games. It's important to get it right at home.

Their home form is poor.. 6 wins all season.

But it would be easier for them to change that.. I'd rather be looking to improve my home form rather than my away form.. Charlton seem to have a good formula for playing away games, it'll only be a matter of time before their home form clicks and they rocket up the league table..

On a seperate note I feel like I've been writing the same stuff over and over again for the past few years..

With DCFC it genuinely feels like groundhog day.. And this forum too. Derby need a shake up, they're sucking the life out of the supporters.

Read that comment back to yourself is nonsensical

One relegation is failure, but in some cases (like ours from Prem) is about fair.

Two consecutive relegations is massive failure, some would say, NOT bouncing back with promotion is deemed by some as failure.

By that, there's no 'achievement' in a team, having suffered relegation in the previous season, avoiding it again!

What next? Medals for getting out of bed? awards for playing 90 minutes?

You're very easily pleased if you think not being relegated is an achievement.

GStar, this isn't solely about league positions, this is about the comparison between the two. When I say 'Clough out', fans always throw back the "who could do a better job, with the resources blah blah...", well here is an answer!

Well what is it about then? For 60 minutes at Pride Park, Charlton were the second worst team to have come here.

In terms of comparing resources, would you like to expand on this point and tell us what you are comparing.

Most Wigan fans would tend to disagree with you

a) they've hardly got any fans 

b) they are a small fish in a big pond in the Premier League.

Do you think that Derby are over-achieving then if we finish above 19th? WOW!

I know some Wigan fans to be fair, and yes, my jibe about hardly any fans is low, but no, they don't regard survival as an achievement, they don't celebrate it. Whereas teams who came up last season, would celebrate staying up.

Their home form is poor.. 6 wins all season.

But it would be easier for them to change that.. I'd rather be looking to improve my home form rather than my away form.. Charlton seem to have a good formula for playing away games, it'll only be a matter of time before their home form clicks and they rocket up the league table..

On a seperate note I feel like I've been writing the same stuff over and over again for the past few years..

With DCFC it genuinely feels like groundhog day.. And this forum too. Derby need a shake up, they're sucking the life out of the supporters.

Yeah but if they have it so right away how come they haven't got it at home? Is it the smash and grab results that Ipswich got against us last week? Could he turn it around or is it more easy for us winning at home and just changing our style away to win the game rather than trying to play football every game? I think get your home form sorted first then work on the away form.

Well what is it about then? For 60 minutes at Pride Park, Charlton were the second worst team to have come here.

In terms of comparing resources, would you like to expand on this point and tell us what you are comparing.

I don't understand? You wont allow critics to take a fixture in isolation, yet you pick one game. SO what if Charlton struggled here? They're newly promoted team, they SHOULD struggle in the league. But no, they aren't.

It's fans like you who won't allow Clough to be criticised and hide behind excuses, I've offered Powell and Charlton as another example of why I don't buy some fans' nonsensical excuses.

a) they've hardly got any fans 

B) they are a small fish in a big pond in the Premier League.

Do you think that Derby are over-achieving then if we finish above 19th? WOW!

I know some Wigan fans to be fair, and yes, my jibe about hardly any fans is low, but no, they don't regard survival as an achievement, they don't celebrate it. Whereas teams who came up last season, would celebrate staying up.

I saw Wigan fans partying in the stand after they drew 1-1 at Loftus Road last week so would disagree with your comment apropos not seeing survival as an achievement.

By your inference am assuming you mean we are a big fish in the Championship and we have a lot of fans and therefore we deserve to be higher than where we are? Utter poppycock, let's construct a league table on attendances and Man Utd would win every year. We are where we are because we deserve to be there, simple as. No team has a divine right to be in a higher league or greater stage.

To be honest, asmuch as I want Clough gone.

He would walk into any League one side and anyone who believes he is no better than a league two manager is clearly being daft.

He just lacks a side who can put a consistent run of form together, unfortunately same can be said for over a dozen other sides in this league.

If he went, then the likes of Wassall would be gone and that alone would be a disaster for the academy and younger players.

Last chance salon next season for me, no excuses.

Imagine being in the position where you're worrying about keeping hold of your manager next season. Praying that another club with a bigger budget/pulling power than Derby, doesn't come along and snatch your boss away, and leave you in the crap. 

Must be amazing. 

Imagine being in the position where you're worrying about keeping hold of your manager next season. Praying that another club with a bigger budget/pulling power than Derby, doesn't come along and snatch your boss away, and leave you in the crap. 

Must be amazing. 

Name a manager/club that has that situation

Pretty sure in managerial circumstances that does not happen much in the championship fair enough if we are talking about Mourinho

Archived