Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Duracell

Just got back from the match. What a garbage performance. The boo's at half time were just, to pick a few:

Ward- 5. bored. Doesn't care. Lazy. Wasteful. Arrogant ****.

Martin- 4. Shocking. Did nothing all game. Pointless in him playing.

Sammon- 7. Was one of the only decent players, still made mistakes but was our only threat.

Coutts- Got subbed for a reason. League 2 player.

Brayford- 5. Made no runs, poor marking. Hoofed it away at any chance. No linkup play. Would have preferred to see Freeman in.

Buxton- 5. Bad game. Headed it anywhere and everywhere. Hoofed it without consideration to where it was going. Useless.

Sub: Davies-7. Did well when he came on. Offeref twice as much as Coutts did.

Clough, 3. Never motivated the players. Played 2 strikers with 3 goals between them this year, leaving Martin on the pitch for the full 90 was stupid. Started Ward and Coutts on the wings.

Agree with everything apart from Buxton as he is never allowed less than 7 in my books!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the match. What a garbage performance. The boo's at half time were just, to pick a few:

Ward- 5. bored. Doesn't care. Lazy. Wasteful. Arrogant ****.

Martin- 4. Shocking. Did nothing all game. Pointless in him playing.

Sammon- 7. Was one of the only decent players, still made mistakes but was our only threat.

Coutts- Got subbed for a reason. League 2 player.

Brayford- 5. Made no runs, poor marking. Hoofed it away at any chance. No linkup play. Would have preferred to see Freeman in.

Buxton- 5. Bad game. Headed it anywhere and everywhere. Hoofed it without consideration to where it was going. Useless.

Sub: Davies-7. Did well when he came on. Offeref twice as much as Coutts did.

Clough, 3. Never motivated the players. Played 2 strikers with 3 goals between them this year, leaving Martin on the pitch for the full 90 was stupid. Started Ward and Coutts on the wings.

Sammon 7 errr was at the game today and no player got more than a 5 in my opinion.

I would take 7 as a good performance 6 as an average performance btw.

By the sounds of it, he had a shot.....................

and it went for a throw

We had a great chance to score then as well, was a poor effort (obviously).

Clough didn't look happy about it either.

Why criticise Sammon when enough of the fans do anyway, they cheered him off (sarcastically) today.

As for the game, team  and opposition in general, Blackburn weren't up to much themselves so to come away with a 2-0 defeat is quite disheartening. We were much the better footballing team, had most of the possession but the cohesion up top was, and always has this season, what let us down. When Blackburn actually got forward, they always looked more threatening.

Jamie Ward looked injured and probably shouldn't have been playing. He looked better in the second half but still wasn't good enough. In the warm up before the game, he must've had at least 20 shots at the goals but only a few were on target. He also smashed a ball into a ladies head. He was destined for a poor game. (I must add, he did apologise)

One fan behind me said about Paul Coutts, "He looked like he was running up a sand dune", when he had a clear run with the ball. Correct, to run about 15 yards took all his effort.

Craig Bryson had a decent game but, ffs, why doesn't he ever shoot? He had about 3 chances to get a shot away but dilly dallied on the ball.

Generally, nobody performed well at all. We looked better coming forward in the second half with Ben Davies on the pitch, thought he did well in the centre as well when Freeman came on to RM. Thought Freeman played well, too.

Yep, the better team, but we lost 2-0. Same old story.

We had a great chance to score then as well, was a poor effort (obviously).

Clough didn't look happy about it either.

Why criticise Sammon when enough of the fans do anyway, they cheered him off (sarcastically) today.

I feel bad for him he shouldn't be abused by his own fans. But the fans have a point. Think it would be ideal for both him and us if he left in the summer

I wouldn't have said we were the better team.

Our passing was no better than theirs. Their defence made no glaring errors like ours did. They took their chances we didn't. 

Coutts needs to work on his pace in the summer.

I'ts not going to suddenly come to him at 25 realistically. Coutts favoured position is not out wide, he would prefer to play centrally. Overall considering he has played out of his normal position all season he has done a decent job, opposition though will have looked at him, found ways of stopping his effect and his long-term future is unlikely to be as a wide player.

I don't understand why Clough hasn't had a decent look at Jacobs on the right. He hasn't been a great success when he has played on the left but he hasn't much of a left foot, logic would say he should do better on the other flank. 

Is it just me that doesn't give a toss about Clough publicly criticising players?

I just think so what? They're grown men. They can take it. This ain't football manager. There isn't a morale rating.

I do have frustrations with Nigel. But this isn't one of them.

As for today's game... One word.

HOOOOOOOOOOF!

Is it just me that doesn't give a toss about Clough publicly criticising players?

I just think so what? They're grown men. They can take it. This ain't football manager. There isn't a morale rating.

Alpha, I'm a Senior Manager and criticising your staff in public is very poor form, ultimately all it does is show you are (1) a weak manager for having to publicly castigate your staff's mistakes to divert the pressure from yourself for any issues and (2) show you are a poor manager as ultimately your staff's failing are your failings as you should be developing, coaching and mentoring them to reach the required level.

I dunno mate. Not saying your wrong, you probably know more than me.

Just don't think it hurts these lads. I don't think it hurt Cywka. I don't think any of them really pay it any attention. I think they will have been told as much in person.

The public criticism is what you get from speaking to an honest angry man moments after the game. He doesn't dance to the medias tune. We all know he doesn't like the spotlight.

With regards to those who avoid his criticism.... I think he's more angry when certain players who know better and can do better do something silly. As oppose to a moment of madness from a player prone to such behaviour.

Like Brayford with his hoofing. Far more frustrating than Sammon losing possession because Brayford is better than that. Nigel won't like to see somebody making unnatural to them mistakes.

I'm only talking about the public criticism here. Not the team sheet or subs etc. just defending his public criticism which I actually find quite honest.

What pi55es me off is;

Aug - December = decent football

Jan - May = survival mode hoofball

Every year. Our seasons are 5 months long. Our away days are horrific. Our formation is rigid. Our fans are bored.

Help!

I listen to most of the away games on the radio but this commentator does my head in. Does anyone else who listen to them think that he goes over the top about things. Acts like every foul is a red card.

I can no longer listen to RD commentary because of this shrieking, hysterical clown. I did though tune in to listen to NC's interview afterwards, and Ed Dawes sounded like a petulant child.

It made me laugh as Clough slapped him down after a ridiculous question that "surely" we should beat Barnsley with a "if you think anyone could 'surely' get a result in this division then you're a better pundit than us". (or words to that effect) 

Must admit I thought Sammon and Martin were ok in the first half. I was sat amongst the Blackburn and trust me they were sweating bricks at times.

Martin's first half header was a guaranteed goal but for a fine save from their keeper. Sammon was achingly close to heading in another cross too.

What angers is how lethargic both seemed second half. In fact the whole team looked like they couldn't be arsed for long periods.

Archived