6 games left, nearly POTY voting time.

NMtherams

There are just six games left of the season so not long at all until voting begins for player of the year.

I'm sure many have already thought about their vote, I have too. I'm just interested to hear who would vote who and why.

Personally I'd vote for Richard Keogh, he's come in and been very consistent. Also a good leader, taking on the role of that from both Barker and Shackell.

I can see Jamie Ward and Jeff Hendrick being leading candidates too. Ward's scored a lot of goals this season and Hendrick's been fantastic since he was dropped and came back in the team.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Jake Buxton for me, no doubt! he has been thoroughly consistent through-out the season, and always defended well in all the games I have seen him, infact I can't remember saying he has played badly this season, at all.. and there is definitely no-one in that team I would rather give the award too. 

then John Brayford, who has been consistent through-out the season and has looked good.

then, third place... 

Ward has performed admirably but has been out too much.

Keogh has done well, but Buxton has been more solid and made less mistakes than him IMO.
Hendrick was appalling up until november/december time - since then he has looked a different player.

Coutts and Hughes were very good up until november/december time.. but then standards slipped.

Roberts started the season well, then slipped off too.
Bryson has performed well all season, but injuries have meant his impact wasn't what it was last season.
Sammon, for work-rate and enthusiasm he deserves the lot - for quality and goals return, he deserves extra training. 

Keogh for me. Has played in every game and is by far the best centre back at the club.

Hendrick has been outstanding since the turn of the year but Keogh has been consistently good over the whole of the season.

Brayford would be in with a shout too had he not missed the last few games and possibly the rest of the season.

Keoghs already won.

Hendrick hasn't been as consistent across the whole season.

Brayford and Ward too many injuries.

Buxton had an outside chance but he has been injured.

If Sammon wins I will go to sainsburys and buy 32 (squad number) salmons off the shelf.

Brayford for me. 

Overall, despite missing the games he has he's played better than everyone else in my opinion, the only player who's performances haven't significantly dropped, they've either been good or very good. Even when asked to do a job at centre back, he outshone his partner. Even did a job on the RW and them CM at Brighton! 

There's a reason he's arguably our most sought after player after Hughes. 

It took Hendrick 20 odd games to get going this year, if he'd of started as he's finishing the season then it would be him. 

Keogh has been good, but he's been really awful as well. I'd like to give it him after losing Shackell but Dec/Jan/Feb was just awful. Hopefully if we get the right man next to him, or Buxton stays fit and solid then we'll see it over a season next year. Not just the odd game. 

Brayford for me, completely agree with Alpha. If Keogh was as good a leader as he has been recently, we wouldn't have lost 4-1 at Leicester. It wasn't just his fault, but there was a noticeable lack of leadership in the back five that night that cost us more than it should have done. For me, he actually hasn't been consistent.

When you have a right-back that stands out so much, you know he must be good. I think he's our best player. Coutts looks twice the guy he normally is with Brayford bombing forward with him. He's such a class act, and we simply won't get a like-for-like replacement if he leaves.

Keogh and Hendrick might have won in previous seasons, so that does show progress. Hughes or Hendrick for young player of the year? Probably Hughes for me, despite being injured recently.

As for the "most disappointing season" award, there are a few up for this as well. Coutts is still a good player in my good, but he's not even a patch on what we saw in the first couple of months of the season when he looked absolutely mighty. Theo and Tyson have also fallen pretty flat. But for me, the award has to go to Bryson - he's gone backwards this season, if anything. Often Hendrick's looked like the more experienced of the pair and certainly takes on more responsibility.

If Ward and Brayford had played 40 games this season, then it would be a toss up between them two, as Ward wouldn't be far off 20 goals, and Brayford for his attacking flair down the right. We would probably be a few more points better off, and sitting aound the 7th/8th position as well, however for me they haven't played enough games to justify winning player of the year.

Hendricks form since January has been very good, and there will be interest in him in the summer, however for the 5 months before January he was poor, and again not a winner for me.

Keogh would get my vote, played near on every game, and has been pretty solid. Scored a couple of goals, and was outstanding against Leeds on Saturday highlighting his importance to us in the team.

Hughes will clean up on young player of the year I think, unless Hendrick can still qualify for that, if so Hendrick will win it, due to his recent performances. 

Keogh for me.

It's out of 3 players for me.

Keogh - His performances have been constantly good, similar to Shackell last year. + Played every second of football this season.

Brayford - His attacking play down that right side has won us so many games this season, and again, very consistent.

Hendrick - Started slow, that's why I don't think he will win it, but my god, hasn't he improved since he had that rest. Surging runs, goal scoring, passing and link up play have been top notch.

So, if Hendrick started well, he would have got my vote, but seen as it is Player of the Season, it's got to be Richard Keogh

As it is player over the course of the entire season, has to be Keogh. Our only player to play every minute I believe? and 1 of 10 players who have appeared in every league game this season.

Edit - Second probably is Bucko because he is such a legend!

Archived