one last chance of success this season

B4ev6is

well we have won 3 wins back to back of late they have not been preatty but they have been battleing ones at that, but effective. we have one last chance of the play offs this season, can derby to the mission impossable this season well i guess time we tell, but derby gave everything they had today  against leeds i wish i could have gone but i had to make due in seeing in walkabout today. I think christ martin had a good game today but i think even me have to say conner sammion was unlucky not to score today but wish he would walk away from pentlys as missed 2 in 2, but lucky paul coutts can the rebound and little jake burton i could have kissed him, and want to say well done to everyone who went down today. lets cheer the lads over the line and see if we can make the play offs. but what ever happen nigal has done a brittlin job with extemley limmited funds.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we have won 3 wins back to back of late they have not been preatty but they have been battleing ones at that, but effective. we have one last chance of the play offs this season, can derby to the mission impossable this season well i guess time we tell, but derby gave everything they had today  against leeds i wish i could have gone but i had to make due in seeing in walkabout today. I think christ martin had a good game today but i think even me have to say conner sammion was unlucky not to score today but wish he would walk away from pentlys as missed 2 in 2, but lucky paul coutts can the rebound and little jake burton i could have kissed him, and want to say well done to everyone who went down today. lets cheer the lads over the line and see if we can make the play offs. but what ever happen nigal has done a brittlin job with extemley limmited funds.

I love your posts. They're the best posts and threads on this forum.

I hope we go for a play off push but think it may be a bit late in the season. I thought Sammon was shocking today but everyones a loud an off day.

Coutts was better in the middle. Martin looked tired but Keogh was brilliant.

That how I saw it anyway.

everyone has a right to there opapion but i have seen team from different leagues who can string of results togather, but teams like derby make a late push often make it, so i see no reason why he can not be us this season.

yes we need to win again on saturday but i do not understand why nigal saying were still not safe, i think now we sho uld be looking at having one last shot at the top six, if derby did win the play offs it might mean we get new owners and get rid of the yanks once and for all.

i have no probleam in nigal taking it one game at a time but we have been trying hard all season to get into top 10 and now we have i think nigal should go for it a little bit more.

i think derby fans now should make a chant up

something like

go for it derby

were going to the play offs

we are going up

we are going up

were going to wrembly

just something to let the lads know we believe in them.

i have no probleam in nigal taking it one game at a time but we have been trying hard all season to get into top 10 and now we have i think nigal should go for it a little bit more.

i think derby fans now should make a chant up

something like

go for it derby

were going to the play offs

we are going up

we are going up

were going to wrembly

just something to let the lads know we believe in them.

I agree with you we should 'have a go' at the playoffs. We have 6 winnable games.

Clough should stay calm as should the players, feet on the ground.

The fans on the other hand I agree if we go 1-0 against Ipswich and everyone gets their phones out and sees results are going our way again.

Why not bring out the eee iiii eeee iiiii eee iiiiii oooo up the football league we go....

Bit of positivity doesnt do much damage, it will also have a positive multiplier effect into the renewal of season tickets and therefore mean a reduction in the drop of attendances next season. 

It's about a million to one, first stage is to hope Brighton lose tomorrow night. They're at home to Charlton so you've got to expect them to get at least a point.

The fact we're not playing any teams above us doesnt help either, if we had Forest or Brighton to play then at least there's a guaranteed 3 points we could make up. Then both have got better goal differences which is another point to make up.

Basically, if Brighton win tomorrow we're closer to the relegation zone than we are to the play offs and even if we won every game we probably still wouldnt make it. 

Well, after the Leeds loss the relegation battle that never came is now gone, but here's the probability density of possible finishes from here:

"5m1KR9q" alt="5m1KR9q">

Chances of the playoffs: >0.05% (3785-2)

Chances of relegation: >0.000004% (~25,000,000 - 1)

Importantly though:

Chances of top half: 74.4% (1-3)

If we did make the playoffs, it would be an achievement in and of itself, a mighty one at that. Currently at 54 points, we'd almost certainly need at least 70 to make the playoffs. So that's 16 points from 6 games, or 5 wins and a draw. It could happen, there's nothing stopping it, but it would have to be something truly special, and even then that mightn't be enough.

Was this season really top 6 or failure though? I'd have taken 10th or above this season. 10th or above is above mid-table in my book.

We're woefully underprepared for a play-off challenge anyway. Even if we got there, I can't really see us pulling through all three games and winning at Wembley. And that would be the worst case scenario. Imagine this squad as the base for a Premier League team! Only a handful would make squad players at that level.

The aim for the season has to be for us to finish close to the playoffs, but preferably not in them. 8th or 9th and fewer than half a dozen points off the top 6 would be fine for me.

Good post B4,  there are not many Rams fans who havent looked at the table today and thought the same - they

wont admit it of course.

Can you imagine though - we would probably draw the poison dwarf and that lot down the road, a mouthwatering

prospect for anyone.

Archived