Derby County v Bristol City

Boycie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the glaring miss out of it, and Sammon had a good game. Set Wardy up a treat for the second one.

Never looked under any threat until the last 5 minutes, never got our of 2nd gear except in patches. Hendrick MoM was fair.

Great result lads thought we never got going really 2nd goal was brilliant.

We need to sign up Forsyth he looks like a quality left back from what I've seen pluss he adds height to our short defence.

Sammons solution is simple really he's a sammon and fish don't like big nets hence why he doesn't find it very often :-)

I like sammon and hope he scores on Monday to stop the moaners.

Excellent result tonight. Sammon selfishly set up Ward for his goal when he could have shot himself. Hendricks pass into the box went straight through and into the net!!

Anyone agree the penalty should have been retaken? the goalie was a yard of his line before the ref blew his whistle.

Nice result, crap performance. Hoof ball again. City were shocking.

Fielding- 7 wasn't tested all that much, got a deserved clean sheet.

Freeman- 7. Made just a couple of mistakes all game. Was clever and looks like an excellent backup.

Keogh- 7. Solid. Currently showing some good form.

Buxton- 7. Has had a few very solid games.

Forsyth- 7. Put a few very good tackles in and contributed going forward. Put a couple ofnice crosses into their box.

Coutts- 4. Dreadful again. I think the attention Sammon draws is the reason this guy doesn't get more stick.

Hendrick- 8. Cracking game. Lucky goal but he deserved it. If this guy was English he'd be valued at £20m.

Bryson- 9. Back to his best. Was clever and looked quality. Made some good runs and looked like he enjoyed the break.

Ward- 6. Did well for the first few minutes. Took a terrible penalty. Looked lazy. Got a goal.

Martin- 6. Worst game for us. Still looks like a good player though. Very clever.

Sammon- 7. Played some cracking football at times, but at other times looked like he belongs in the conference. This guy is so 50/50...and that's just not good enough. He's got to improve next season.

Team performance- 5. Only Martin and Hendrick know how to bring the ball down. Buxton and Keogh are terrible for heading it into no mans land. Can't believe that we played so badly and won.

May I say to any Bristol fans reading this. Well done to your away fans. Over 800 turned up, and made a bit of noise and also pointed out that our support was fookin *****.

Which it is.

They were cheering a final shot on goal in the last 5 mins, and jumping about like fresh fecked fleas as another few whistled in late on.

Well done Robins.

After ward missed his peno, and then pulled up and was feeling his hamstring, for the rest of the half I couldn't tell if he was going lame or was just sulking because he missed his peno?

I was surprised to see him second half, so with another game on Monday in mind, he must have been sulking.

May I say to any Bristol fans reading this. Well done to your away fans. Over 800 turned up, and made a bit of noise and also pointed out that our support was fookin *****.

Which it is.

They were cheering a final shot on goal in the last 5 mins, and jumping about like fresh fecked fleas as another few whistled in late on.

Well done Robins.

Yet another small away following putting the home crowd to shame. What with the appalling atmosphere and the constant stick Sammon is getting I'm getting seriously fed up of our supporters to the extent that I'm now considering not renewing. Even an easy 3-0 home win and it's not much fun going.

I thought it was a good performance, against a team playing ugly, reactive football! We created a lot of chances and in all honesty should of won by 6 or 7 goals. The first half was a joy to watch, second half we allowed the game to become a bit scrappy for 30/40 minutes - which wasn't enjoyable to watch.

ratings:

Fielding - 8 - unbelievable save at the end of the game, honestly could not believe he kept the ball out. Very understated save, thought it was incredible! 

Freeman - 8 - he has a lot of potential, his awareness and ability with the ball is very good and attacking he has a clear ability. I think defensively he got caught out a few times, but the tackle to get the ball back for our second goal was brilliant. 

Keogh - 7 - Solid performance, not much to say other than that - played a big role in the clean sheet.

Buxton - 8 - had that bit more to play for than Keogh and didn't disappoint, there was 2 very good blocks from Bristol City shots and put his everything into the game, very good performance

Forsyth - 8 - I like him, first time i've seen him and he was much better than expected, put an absolute gem of a cross in which martin was unlucky to get to, defensively sound and offered substance going forward.

Coutts - 4 - was very poor today, just looks worn down - tried to beat his man and rarely got past him, which was a shame to see. Should of done a lot better with the ball Sammon played to him in the first half, plated up a chance which would of added to his poor goal tally.

Bryson - 5 - I thought he was poor, a lot of running but he lost the ball a lot and just looked off the pace and out of practice, can't really fault him because he hasn't played much football but was a weak point in our team. Also, people moaning about him being booked was laughable, it was a ridiculous dive and rightly deserved a yellow, disgusting to see! 

Hendrick - 6 - great goal, if meant - technically so astute, otherwise it's a lucky pass into the box and Sammon has played a blinder, shifting the defence out the way of the ball. Other than that, he didn't impress me too much - was our deep lying midfielder and at times was stood watching when he should of been giving an option for players, a lot of the time they still gave him the ball but he was far too deep to do anything productive with it. 

Ward - 5 - The penalty was so poor, as mentioned probably had a claim for a re-take but it was very poorly struck, he took his goal well and that's what he is good at! and where he was threatening - otherwise quite a dull performance from him, didn't add much to the game - showed his ability in brief moments but equally frustrating. 

Martin - 6 - he showed good touches and ability, you can tell he is a good player and what he could add to the team, for me it wasn't quite the award winning performance and looking back on the game, you could say he added very little - but he is a player you can definitely expect more from.

Sammon - 8 - was our best player by a mile until his miss, and then his head dropped and you could see the anxiety set into his play, but lets see what he did well; created a hat-ful of chances in the first half, playing balls across the box left, right and centre, his movement in the box was the main reason Hendricks pass/shot found the net as he created the path. The second goal he set up with great movement, power and pace showing great touches leading upto the goal and began the movement for the 3rd goal by winning a very good header. The sitter was inexcusable, he should of buried it but that aside he was our best player for me - the ability he showed to put them 3 bristol city defenders on their arse with the turn in the first half was another level! 

The most frustrating thing about the performance other than having ***** as fans, was how easily our midfield were infiltrated - as people said Bristol was poor, but Kilkenny? (their number 8, anyway) was running our midfielders in the middle of the park! 

Chicken or egg job. Do the support lift the team, or the other way around? I think we need to get the Pride back into Pride Park - and that means a genuine promotion challenge. Difficult to sing "..by faar the greatest team..." when we've been mediocre for years.

A drab but comfortable game like that would generate 3 or 4 thousand extra fans and a proper atmosphere if we had 10-15 more points and a sniff of glory going on. That 10-15 points equates to a bit more steel and a top striker so our general play can get its rewards away from home. Over to GSE.

Fielding 8. As mentioned made that worldie save and didn't put a foot wrong minus a few iffy kicks

Freeman - 8. Very good. If Brayford leaves in the summer i believe he could step up

Keogh 7. Good game. Went on his weekly crazy CB run towards their goal, but didn't put a foot wrong.

Buxton 8. Quality from Buxo. Very good game. 

Forsyth 7. Steady. Good game.

Coutts 5. Looks knackered and couldn't beat his man. Deliveries were poor

Bryson 7. Covered every blade of grass. Very good game.

Hendrick 8. Likewise. Very good game

Ward 6. Lost confidence after his pen miss. Scored a goal but wasn't at his best. Was carrying a knock though 

Sammon 7. Shocking miss but a good overall performance and did very well for Wardies goal. 

Martin 6. Good link up play with Sammon, but wasn't as good as his Leicester performance. Showed that extra bit of quality but he wasn't at his best.

Got to remember the opposition were poor 

DIdn't go to the game last night but I've been reading a lot about how poorly our fans treated Sammon.

Was it just the usual booing and jeering or something else? It must be awful though if you were him. Especially if, by the sounds of it, he had a good game!

Archived