Exciting players

WilkoRam

Ward Hughes Coutts Hendrick Martin Brayford

These players look comfortable on the ball and therefore fans enjoy watching them with the ball because they are most at ease and they also make things happen.

if anybody disagrees with this list I would be very surprised.

and yes definitely bennett has the potential to be the same.

On the basis that the title of the thread is "exciting players", yes, I disagree with this list. So go on, be surprised. NOW!

If the title of the thread was "exciting players when they are on top of their game and when the team is playing well" then yes. But we've only seen that in fits and starts from all of them this season. Of that lot, Brayford's probably been the best player to watch consistently.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a number of players that can be exciting. Ward, Hughes, Hendrick, Coutts & Brayford - Jacobs and Bennett what little we've seen.

Key thing is that we/they have been inconsistent. I'm not sure we have a single player that is worth the entrance fee alone (not sure that many sides at this level do). What has impressed me more (when we're playing well) is that the sum is greater than the parts.

The interplay between out better players when playing well is genuinely exciting, I think that's what makes a promotion side more so that a couple of individual talents, though it wouldn't hurt to have someone upfront who's a bit more clinical. We need to try and build on this for next season, the team element is as key to a successful side than adding exciting individuals in my opinion.

I'd like to point out as well that most of the players being named on here are very young players still... I would be very surprised if Hughes, Jacobs, Hendrick or even Coutts have reached their full potential yet...

I thought Hoganson and Freeman looked pretty sharp as well

And (maybe controversially) but when Brsyon is playing well he has a tendency to pop up in places which the opposition haven't noticed him which I like in an energetic midfielder...

Other than Hughes and the only reason I say other than him is because he's too young to have this on him. So other than Hughes who do you turn up to watch and are excited to either see on the team sheet or excited when they get the ball?

It's just out of interest surprisingly for the message board it's not going to end up with a dig at anyone or blaming anyone at the club. I'm just interested to see a) if many fans have that excitement still and B) if so who it is.

Cheers Wilko for starting what is a very positive thread which makes us realise that we still have a team which deserves a large fanbase!

keep those positive posts comiing in folk!

Apart from Hughes,

Commons was worth paying to see when he was on form.

Giles Barnes.

Then we're going back to Kinky, Eranio, Bianno, Wanchope, Stimac.

Then back again to Tinman, Goddard and Saunders, ooh Mark.

Oooh Bobby Bobby, Gregory and Cally.

Then back a long way to Charlie, Frannie, Roy Mac, Toddo, Nishy, Archie, King Kevin, Gladys, Gerry Daly.

It takes a lot to impress me.

How deluded some fans are. Coutts is an exciting player? Oh dear. We have no exciting players in this team and won't have any until Clough is here. Easy.

It doesn't go down well when you tell people with a different opinion to you that they're deluded.

How deluded some fans are. Coutts is an exciting player? Oh dear. We have no exciting players in this team and won't have any until Clough is here. Easy.

He was pretty exciting when he crossed that ball for Bryson at forest.  

Or did you not watch that one?

It doesn't go down well when you tell people with a different opinion to you that they're deluded.

That would be the one word that would mean an automatic ban if i were a mod.

I think it's a disgrace that someone can get away with insulting someone everytime they post.

Wasn't it birmingham away?

Yeah take the point re Bennet too. Seeing him come at at Watford he was good and great to watch.

I'd also add Jacobs just for one game and at the moment who we played escapes me. I remember it was televised but in that game I saw the player he could be. He ran at the oppo and played some good balls. But too infrequent for me to get excited when he gets the ball.

Wasn't it birmingham away?

Yes, yes it was. For me he was exciting in that game. During the game I started to want him to get the ball. Not many players I feel like that about at the moment. Hughes I like it when he gets the ball, Ward and Bennett on occasions (Watford away, I know I mention a lot but I was so impressed how we looked a different animal going forward down to his introduction).

Yes, yes it was. For me he was exciting in that game. During the game I started to want him to get the ball. Not many players I feel like that about at the moment. Hughes I like it when he gets the ball, Ward and Bennett on occasions (Watford away, I know I mention a lot but I was so impressed how we looked a different animal going forward down to his introduction).

I remember it clearly as well, definitely Jacob's best game of the season cutting in between there full-back and center-hall all game, probably the most I got exited this season for a player getting on the ball that game, I really enjoyed it!

Archived