Exciting players

WilkoRam

Maybe Ward, if I have to name one. He's the only player that gets the ball down and runs at players. 3 pass triangles in the centre circle don't really put blood in my fella. 

Haven't really been excited since the couple of months when Commons, Bueno & Cywka were on fire.

I miss Stevie Davies too. He had the ability to create a goal from nowhere. I don't think we have one of them any more.   

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't as much exciting as much as watching a real player, but I loved seeing Stoor here. You could tell he'd been a Swedish international and he was very unlucky with Fulham, he had some real class about him.

Commons was always worth something exciting when he was up for the game, together with Hulse especially. Bueno, clearly, has been the most exciting player in terms of legitimate quality on the ball, when he was on form he was a pleasure to watch. Worth the match fee alone.

We've had few exciting players overall, but currently the likes of Jacobs/Bennett can become very exciting players with enough time to develop here.

How deluded some fans are. Coutts is an exciting player? Oh dear. We have no exciting players in this team and won't have any until Clough is here. Easy.

Depends what your idea of exciting is I guess.

If you don't get excited by players who take on players, create chances and score goals then no, we have no exciting players.

On the basis that the title of the thread is "exciting players", yes, I disagree with this list. So go on, be surprised. NOW!

If the title of the thread was "exciting players when they are on top of their game and when the team is playing well" then yes. But we've only seen that in fits and starts from all of them this season. Of that lot, Brayford's probably been the best player to watch consistently.

Oh yeah, your right in the sense that those players aren't exciting on a consistent basis but they are the only exciting players in the squad. I wasnt taking into account whether they were playing well or the team playing well etc. 

Archived