Exciting players

WilkoRam

Other than Hughes and the only reason I say other than him is because he's too young to have this on him. So other than Hughes who do you turn up to watch and are excited to either see on the team sheet or excited when they get the ball?

It's just out of interest surprisingly for the message board it's not going to end up with a dig at anyone or blaming anyone at the club. I'm just interested to see a) if many fans have that excitement still and b) if so who it is.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than Hughes and the only reason I say other than him is because he's too young to have this on him. So other than Hughes who do you turn up to watch and are excited to either see on the team sheet or excited when they get the ball?

It's just out of interest surprisingly for the message board it's not going to end up with a dig at anyone or blaming anyone at the club. I'm just interested to see a) if many fans have that excitement still and B) if so who it is.

Hendrick, Bryson, Brayford and jamie ward. cant forget jamie ward

Ward when upfront but not when he's out on the left.

The last players to excite me were Eranio then Paul Goddard and Dean Saunders,dean Sturridge and finally the one and only Bobby Davison......

Think we are long overdue a player with real quality,flair and technical ability....

Hendrick, Brayford, Ward and Martin.

Ohh, and Gareth Roberts..  :ph34r:

For me there's four or five plus Will which makes it 7, If they all play well, we play well.

Brayford, on form he's just great to watch.

Hendrick, he's really come on leaps and bounds this year. He's got the lot. I think he felt a bit overshadowed earlier in the season and it's been really nice to watch him come out of his shell. He's great running with the ball and can get box to box in 10 seconds with it at his feet, he sometimes forgets what to do with it when he get's there!! he's adding goals which is a great trait to have. he's only 20 or 21?

Coutts, Controversial? I don't know exactly what it is with Coutts but I really enjoy watching him on the ball. There are times where he frustrates the hell out of me and he's definitely gone off the boil a bit BUT when he's on form there are times he can walk past 3 or 4 players without any effort. He can spot a one two as well. HIm and Brayford cause so much damage from throw ins. he get's it in tight spots and comes up with something often enough to make him my favourite signing this year.

Ward, is he going to turn out to be another Steve Davies? He's a lovely little player for us and if we could keep him fit he'd be player of the season BUT can he stay fit? He gets an extra plus for his narky and cheeky attitude. I love watching him play.

I think it's safe to say we can add Bennett to that list as well. Even if it's only for 15 minutes here and there when he gets the ball things will happen. He's going to be a big player for us in one way or another. I'm really looking forward to watching him develop.

He's raw but he's got so much about him already.

It's too early to judge Chris Martin. He's looked good at times and a mile away at others. I like the look of him but I'm not committing!

We're at the wrong end of the table but I still see a lot of reason to get and to have been excited about things. Even if Coutts is not everyone's cup of tea, if we manage to sign better than him in the summer we'll be bringing in some realy quality.

I know, I know, my glass is foolishly half full but I like it that way.

Yeah take the point re Bennet too. Seeing him come at at Watford he was good and great to watch.

I'd also add Jacobs just for one game and at the moment who we played escapes me. I remember it was televised but in that game I saw the player he could be. He ran at the oppo and played some good balls. But too infrequent for me to get excited when he gets the ball.

I'd say Michael Jacobs. When he first arrived he would get the ball down, run at players and cross/shoot. I also thought he looked excellent in the couple of games playing off the striker.

However, since he was left out of the team, and has only been coming on late as a sub, he looks like he is finding it hard under the pressure of either performing in a struggle team in front of an impatient crowd or making an impact in the final few minutes. That moment against palace, when the shot opened up for him and he squared a poor ball to Sammon, summed up his mood and form at the moment.

If as supporters we show patience and the manager can get him playing like he did when he first broke into the team, I think he's the most exciting player we've got.

I'd add ward, but only when he's out wide and can be bothered.

Hughes actually makes me feel like I'm watching something that I can't see down the park on a Sunday. But other than him just Ward and Brayford. The rest I find serviceable rather than exciting. Hughes, Ward and Brayford are the only players that I'm disappointed when they aren't playing

Ward Hughes Coutts Hendrick Martin Brayford

These players look comfortable on the ball and therefore fans enjoy watching them with the ball because they are most at ease and they also make things happen.

if anybody disagrees with this list I would be very surprised.

and yes definitely bennett has the potential to be the same.

having said that we are missing a really exciting player.

Crystal palace - Zaha Bolasie

Cardiff - Bellamy

Hull - Boyd

We use to have Kris Commons and I think a player from the lower leagues that has pace and can dribble would be a great addition to the squad. Jacobs for me doesn't have the pace and his improvement will depend on whether Jamie ward plays LM or ST.

Brayford, Ward and Hughes.

Coutts was excellent before Xmas too.

Jacobs, Hendrick and Bryson all have done little bits but on the whole they're pretty average as far as exciting goes. Maybe abit harsh on Jacobs but for all his intent he fails to beat his man most of the time.

Ward and Hughes are the noticeably exciting players. We note the jobs that other players do because we're fans but those are pretty much the only two names that opposition fans have ever cited to me (in fact, Jacobs is the only other one I've heard).

Brayford is probably our best player, but it's a bit ridiculous if your most exciting player is a full back. Coutts, Hendrick and players like that can be exciting to watch if the team is playing well - but usually, it takes one of our better players to get the team going.

I remember Coutts' superb solo run for Ward's tap-in against Watford. I'm so bitterly dissapointed that we haven't seen that same player since, really. I can't remember the last time he beat two men in one dribble. There's a noticeable confidence issue there that really needs to be sorted out.

Archived