March Games

EastKentRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought United were indeed very strong tonight and though Madrid had a few chances themselves United were mostly in control of the tie. There's no saying that Madrid weren't going to equalise at any point, but United were doing well.

Welbeck was doing a good number on Alonso, Ronaldo wasn't in it, Kaka was doing little as a replacement for the far more dangerous Di Maria and I thought United were working the ball around well when they had it.

Ramos was excellent, I wouldn't say RVP was in his pocket but he did very well, as you'd expect from a player of his quality. I thought Welbeck did very well in all of his duties and Giggs had the fitness of someone ten years younger than himself all night, he did well enough in stopping Ronaldo and building possession down his side.

The sending off wasn't a sending off, couldn't believe he'd given it initially, but you always run the risk of a ref giving a decision like that in the CL, even if it's not meant and the players themselves would know it probably wasn't worth a red. Once that happened, Modric began to pull the strings more, there was no pressure on Alonso who simply passed it right through to whoever needed it and there was only ever going to be one winner.

The red spoilt the game, a smarter (or should I say perhaps European) ref wouldn't have given it but he did and you always run that risk in Europe with such things. Still, well done Madrid, I did want United to go through as dare I say they deserved it over both legs, but I would also like Mourinho to get the CL title with Madrid too before he scarpers off, so either way the end result mattered little to me.

No-one could have predicted whether Man Utd would have won that game... They were going into defensive mode anyway and whose to say that Real Madrid wouldn't have found the equalizer..

That's just the poor sour grapes we got used to hearing from the Forest fans after we did them 1-0.. When they all said they would have beaten us had Dexter not been sent off.. Which he incidentally was, for the softest elbow ever which I didn't hear the same people complaining about as they are doing now with Nani..

Oh and mcsilks my buddy..

Can you please enlighten me how many teams from the glorious best league in the world PL are in the 1/4s of the CL? Thanks in advance.

I have never said the PL is the best league in the world.

I happen to think there is very little separating the European leagues at the minute.

Do you think Arsenal will go to Bayern and win 3-0 or by an equivalent 3 goal margin?

More chance of the moon crash landing into Earth

Do you think Valencia or Barca will get through?

And Madrid were very lucky to get through, United deserved to win over the two legs.

Really shouldn't be any Spanish sides in the next round.

Do you think Valencia or Barca will get through?

And Madrid were very lucky to get through, United deserved to win over the two legs.

Really shouldn't be any Spanish sides in the next round.

Why were Madrid lucky to get through? They dominated the first leg and Utd got lucky scoring an away goal from a corner..

Madrid were poor for the first 45 mins yesterday but regardless of the goal they looked far more threatening in the 2nd half..

Sour grapes.

Why were Madrid lucky to get through? They dominated the first leg and Utd got lucky scoring an away goal from a corner..

Madrid were poor for the first 45 mins yesterday but regardless of the goal they looked far more threatening in the 2nd half..

Sour grapes.

Madrid looked strong in the second half as the ten men lost their ability to anchor Alonso who then played the ball about where needed, and Modric was holding the ball up far better than Ozil. Before that, they weren't in control. They weren't out of it, but United were looking the more effective side.

You know this Bris, stop fishing for comments! :p

Irony. Fergie complaining that refereeing decisions cost him the match?

This is how it feels to play Man United in a domestic season me duck! Lol.

Roy Keane is pretty harsh on United isn't he? Noticed it a few times.

Irony. Fergie complaining that refereeing decisions cost him the match?

This is how it feels to play Man United in a domestic season me duck! Lol.

Roy Keane is pretty harsh on United isn't he? Noticed it a few times.

Keane just wants 5 minutes in spotlight, he said it because he knew his name would be in papers following day. He also looks like he is dying his hair, ponce :-)

Sour grapes.

About what?

I'm not a United fan?

The reaction on here is similar to the one you had after Barcelona failed miserably against Chelsea last year?

But Madrid won... I'm not fishing for excuses..

Refereeing decisions blah blah blah..

Utd were only in a position of 'control' because their goal was offside but was allowed to count..

Regarding Keane... Good on him.. I know he left on bad terms.. But he's the only ex Utd player that is 50/50 and doesn't have his tongue wedged firmly up SAF's arse

David Moyes's comments aswell during the game were embarrassing... Too busy licking SAF's arse

Saying that SAF has every right to complain at the referee...

No he doesn't, given that Man Utd scored an offside goal and constantly get favourable decisons at OT..

Pipe down David 'I've won nothing' Moyes

I'd like to say congratulations to Celtic..

Despite clearly being second best all night they were as clinical as they could be (2 chances 2 goals)

Luck played a massive part, once again Barca could easily have had a penalty in the first half, hit the woodwork twice and found a goalkeeper in inspired form..

These things happen.. Barca will always be the best team whoever they play, they'll always dominate chances and possession but they are beatable you just need to have the following things go for you

- A strong referee who will favour a few decisions

- A huge amount of luck regarding the woodwork

- Be absolutely clinical by taking all your chances

- Preferably score first

- Count your lucky stars when they mess about

- Hope that both Pique and Puyol don't start the game as they're the only worldclass defenders Barca have and are excellent at defending set-pieces

- Have a goalkeeper on top top form

- Give away no gifts

Celtic didn't deserve to win.. They weren't the better side, they didn't play the better football and they didn't create the better chances.. But the top lot happened and they rode their luck for the night.. Miracles can happen.

Barca need to invest in a Worldclass CB.. Missing out on Thiago Silva was huge..

I guess you are the expert in sour grapes bris......

Spurs v Inter anyone?

Like the way the media are saying " oh look, everybody thought AVB was a bad manager when he was at Chelsea"

Erm no. Everybody thought Chelsea was a **** club where he was tasked with giving a complete makeover...... Then sacked for trying to give them a complete makeover. It was the media that didn't like him.

Archived