March Games

EastKentRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly would have caused an outrage if he'd only got a yellow, would it? You can't look to send a player off when you could easily justify keeping him on. Everyone was expecting a yellow card and if he'd only got a yellow no one would have batted an eyelid. No intent to it, he was clearly going for the ball. It was a stupid challenge, but not worthy of a red imo.

1-2 I had that prediction..

It's about time you got a prediction right :p

Ramos though is nowhere near the best defender you claim he is. He's good at going forward and poor defensively.

Welbeck was very good in the first half and Real struggled to cope with him.

Real very lucky tonight.

No-one could have predicted whether Man Utd would have won that game... They were going into defensive mode anyway and whose to say that Real Madrid wouldn't have found the equalizer..

That's just the poor sour grapes we got used to hearing from the Forest fans after we did them 1-0.. When they all said they would have beaten us had Dexter not been sent off.. Which he incidentally was, for the softest elbow ever which I didn't hear the same people complaining about as they are doing now with Nani..

Oh and mcsilks my buddy..

Can you please enlighten me how many teams from the glorious best league in the world PL are in the 1/4s of the CL? Thanks in advance.

It's about time you got a prediction right :p

Ramos though is nowhere near the best defender you claim he is. He's good at going forward and poor defensively.

Welbeck was very good in the first half and Real struggled to cope with him.

Real very lucky tonight.

You mean Ramos the rock who has helped Spain win 3 championships on the trot without conceding a goal.. He is so poor defensively that he had Man Utds top goalscorer in his pocket for 2 games..

People forgetting Rafael's handball and penalty, the should be been red.

Also van Persie was offside in the bulid for the goal.

I said that at the time...

But no-one ever mentions these things.. They let their English bias get in the way..

I had it all about the Barcelona-Arsenal game when RVP got sent off.. But no-one menetioned that Messi had a perfectly good goal ruled out in the first leg... No-one mentioned how Man Utd's goal in the CL final against Barca was offside..

No-one will mention that RVP was offside when he recieved the ball for Man Utd's goal tonight...

Evra got a yellow card in the first half and then commited another few fouls that could have gotten him a red.. No-one mentions that either.. It's all about Nani and how Utd are so hard-done by yet again blah blah..

".thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01512/Chelsea_1512175a" alt="Chelsea_1512175a">

Any team can get lucky once..

But the best rise to the top..

Barca have won Europe's top competition 3 times in the past 7 years..

English teams have won Europes top competition only twice in the past 7 years.. And none are in the 1/4s... Best league in the world.... Hahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Any team can get lucky once..

But the best rise to the top..

Barca have won Europe's top competition 3 times in the past 7 years..

English teams have won Europes top competition only twice in the past 7 years.. And none are in the 1/4s... Best league in the world.... Hahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaa

shh, I'm trying to see how big of a tantrum he'll throw.

No tantrum.. AC deserved to win.

And Serie A could well have 2 teams in the 1/4s.. How many English teams again?

La Liga could have 4.. But it's looking likely it'll only be the 1

I actually watched a bit of Spanish football today, it was okay - nothing to what Bris makes it out to be. 

From what I saw... Real Madrid are definitely the best team at the minute, without question - so much strength in depth with a lot of strength in all areas - efficient, can play football but nothing like what people would suggest, they're a lot more direct and play more like an 'english' side than a 'spanish' side if you under-stand the stereotypical football, also have a lot of versatility to their game.

Barcelona look out of ideas, defensively look poor and their midfield are just lacking - the movement is nothing like what it used to be, the pace is so much slower than it used to be... Messi is coming deeper than he should for the ball as he tries to start something from nothing and bring others to life but they're just lifeless it looks like, whether or not they have took the foot off the gas... the bits and bobs I saw, and they were being reported on - they just looked stuck in 2nd gear, last 4 games they've had 9 shots on target. 

Real Sociedad and Valencia were the 2 teams that impressed me most from La Liga, and Athletico are up there but in all honesty, I'm not overally impressed with their individual ability but think their team game is very good - very hard working team.

I would say defensively the division on a whole lacks quality, it's certainly didn't look as good to me as what I would expect.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion, but, in tonights game with Real and Man Utd there was a lot of questions over the team selection, but, up until the sending off it was working to their advantage. SAF is the best manager that has ever graced this planet, the team as individuals aren't brilliant, in some cases far from it - but they work to a plan, and work well.

Man City's squad is twice that of Man Utd's IMO but the manager of Man Utd is 5 times that of Man City's and he shows how important a good manager can be. 

SAF the best manager that has ever graced this planet? His domestic record is second to none but his European record isn't that great...

Pep Guardiola achieved in 4 years what SAF achieved in 20 years..

SAF has just had the advantage of being in his position for a long time.. He wouldn't have lasted as long if he were at Real Madrid.. And as for Real Madrid, Del Bosque won the CL title, La Liga, the cups, The Euros and the WC... How much could he have won had he been given time at Real Madrid.. Would he have even wanted more time at Real Madrid..

SAF is by far and away a genius when it comes to the domestic game.. But he sacrifices the CL to be competitive in the PL.. It's proven that his 4-4-2 fast wingers and direct style of play isn't successful at CL level but it's a machine in the PL.. If he was the best ever he would hve found a way to regulaly win both.. He hasn't..

I'm not sying Pep is the best ever.. But at least his style was dominant on both fronts.. As was Ottmar Hitzfeld

Archived